Amtut comming to youtube!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Chaoswizard98, Apr 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RedCamel

RedCamel New Member

@ Chaoswizard98

Awesome! I'm so glad you haven't given up on this project :D I've sadly been too busy to dedicate any time to start a mod, but I did check your channel occasionally, I must have missed the new vids cause they aren't in the playlist. But now that I do have some free time, I'm pumped to try scripting some quests again, like 5 years after my first attempt XD I'll let you know if I succeed in my quest to make.... a quest. lol

@ Bloodspikes

I was going to beg you for the ScriptEd 1.5 file when I saw your post about the link not working, but it worked for me, so yay! lol I've yet to try it out, I'll give myself a refresher on the basics, and attempt some manual scripting first but I'm really excited to try it out, as scripting was my downfall during my first attempt at making a mod, no idea how I missed this tool O.O

2. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

3. Bloodspikes

Bloodspikes New Member

Redcamel, how in the heavens did you get the download link to work? It says "Last updated: 25.7.2008 12:35" and when I tried to download it (also just now) I got an error. Great it worked for you, though. Perhaps you found a different link for it?

I'm not sure if it has several topics about the ScriptEd. My brother got it years ago, so I don't know.

I'd like to note a few things about it's use.

Cons: It can sometimes crash (if I remember correctly) & do not believe it when it says that the script compiling has made a mistake or what was it - just compile again. Sometimes the buttons of the dialogue editor might disappear, just hover your mouse over them. And again in the dialogue editor, don't EVER (might happen by mistake) drag the nodes from the node list to change their sequence - it WILL crash almost instantly.

Pros: Besides the marvelous fact that you can edit the dialogue and script at the SAME TIME, it also lets you edit global flags and variables for your module (you must first select the module you're editing). I think I already said something about the 'Helper Scripts'? Just take a look at them and you'll eventually understand how limited Arcanum's scripts are.

Though Arcanum's scripting is limited (and it's very easy to understand once you've mastered it), there is a way to get around everything you're trying to achieve... supposedly.

IE: Trying to get a follower (or someone else) talk while you're speaking with a random person? You'll see that there is no 'dialog 1 for follower1 of Triggerer'.
    Well, actually it goes like this:

0. loop for Everyone in Vicinity

1. IF Current Looped Object is named 8007
    THEN do nothing
    ELSE goto line 3

2. call script attached to Current Looped Object at point 9 at line 13 with triggerer Player
    To make NPCs talk to each other continuously you'll just end up with a very long script.

4. RedCamel

RedCamel New Member

lol idk, I clicked it and it downloaded, you are trying the link from this site right?
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/ ... -setup.exe

Thanks for the advice on what crashes the program and whatnot :p I can tell that your knowledge of the land is great, you'll probably hear from me in the coming months asking for help :p

5. Bloodspikes

Bloodspikes New Member

Hah, I absolutely forgot about the downloads section. The location I tried to download it was the topic's link.

I'll be glad to help as long as it involves modding.

6. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Will be adding 2 new vids soon, Monster generators and custom music!

7. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

8. Bloodspikes

Bloodspikes New Member

Custom music? Did you get it to work? If so, I would be very interested to know how you succeeded in it.

9. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

I did it the same way you told me to XD. I'm also uploading a brief tutorial for the program I use to edit all the sounds as well.

10. Bloodspikes

Bloodspikes New Member

What file extension does your music have? WAV, MP3 or something else?

And also what did you write into 'Schemelist'?

IE {2800}{music\Tarant_Sewers.mp3 /loop /vol:50}

11. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Alright Monster Generators and Custom Music is up!
    I edited the playlist as well. Found out I didn't add a lot of vids to it.

12. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

@Chaoswizard98

" I'm also uploading a brief tutorial for the program I use to edit all the sounds as well."

Sounds good! Is the program free to use?

13. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

14. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Our Host!