Can someone help me create a delivery quest?

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Chaoswizard98, Mar 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Can anyone show me an example of a delivery quest? (give something to an npc).
    I have gotten the quest to work, but the NPC never takes the item. Instead the quest turns to completed, the xp and rewards are given but the NPC doesnt take the object.
    Any help would be appreciated =)

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Give the item a listing in oname.mes.
    Then add this to the result section (7th section) of the NPC's dialog where the item is supposed to be given: in(number).
    For example: {60}{Excellent! She is yours, my good fellow! Here is the deed for the property. May it provide you and your decendants much happiness in the years to come.}{Excellent! She is yours, my good lady! Here is the deed for the property. May it provide you and your decendants much happiness in the years to come.}{}{}{}{gf2801 1,gf 2800 0, re+25, in5802, rp1076, fp1}

This is a reworking of a purchase script I have but if you look at the end, in particular in5802, this listing will transfer the deed from the PC to the NPC. (By writing it as in-5802 will have the item go from the NPC to the PC.)

Hope this helps.

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Yeah, but you have to assign an internal name to the item in question first.

4. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Excelent thank you rroyo
    I first tryed to put the item transfer in scriptmaker (transfer item named # from player to attachee)
    Completely forgot about the result line. XD
    Thanks again for solving my problem =)

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

6. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

Found this thread at last, being able to share knowledge across the interwebs is a grand thing.

Our Host!