ArtGen - Tool for creating Art files

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Crypton, Nov 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Crypton

Crypton Member

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

Well, but this tool is also posted at two other forums - ArcanumAlive and ArcanumClub, also for over a year. Most of the downloads comes from ArcanumClub, about 50 downloads, which is kinda surprising, since that tool is completely in (lame) english.

I don't care about the numbers, but nobody can expect me to continue in development when there's nobody who's really using it, and especially when nobody ever created any new art with it. Seriously, it's 68 downloads, and no new art files, do you think that this would satisfy anybody? Only a fool would continue in development of such wastage.

Sure, you're correct. But who's the others? This topic were dead for over a year, and nobody ever asked me a question about that tool (well, except that facade/font feature), so there's no others, except You and Zak.

Please, let's stop this discussion, because there's really nothing to talk about nor it would convince me somehow. I mean everybody.

Thank you and have a nice day. :thumbup:

3. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Crypton is a kid, all he strives for is a big e-peen, that's all.

But I really find it disgusting when people meticulously count the downloads of their mods/tools and then brag/whine about them. FFS, get a life.

4. Crypton

Crypton Member

5. Crypton

Crypton Member

That's plausible, but I'll have to look for older backups, since the new version uses some parts of agate engine (i.e. OpenArcanum), so it won't compile without it.

I'll try to find the sources of the version 0.1, that's uploaded here, and if I find it, be sure I'll post it here. :thumbup:

6. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

How touching!

7. Zak

Zak New Member

Oh, I think you misunderstood me...

All I'm asking is for you to upload that version you posted a screenshot of, the one that includes facade and font support. I'm not expecting you to develop or work on anything new.

Thanks!

8. Nataku

Nataku Member

Sorry but I have a question about frames, I post it here because a create an art with your tool.
    The art have 91 frames (48 of an animation and the others for keeping the last image until I change the art to another unanimated). But when I test, the animation go on untill the 30th-40th (approximatively) and the start again (from the beginning). It don't plays the frames untill the end. As you wrote frames max 9999, I thought the game will play all of them but it seems it can't play more than 30-40 frames.
    The art file have all its frames, I can open it with Artview and it has 91 frames... It wonder if the game can play more frames in one unique object.
    So if anyone knows the answer, please tell me... (I can try to delete every other frames, so it should be okay but I would prefer keep all of them...)
    :???:

9. Nataku

Nataku Member

Eventually, I did it and it's okay (it doesn't seem frames are missing). But the question is still topical, I would like to know if the frames playable in game are limited :/ It could be a matter later...

10. Crypton

Crypton Member

Helllo Nataku,

if I understand, you're saying that ArtGen does generates the animated .art file correctly (as you checked the file in ArtView), but in the game, the animation is cut-off?

It can be a bug in the game. Have you tried different .art file? Could you upload the .art file, and send me a link through PM? I'll check the .art file manually, using hex editor.

Have a nice day :thumbup:

11. Wims

Wims New Member

Just saying, I find ArtGen really cool & useful.

12. Nataku

Nataku Member

You understood, that's exactly the matter.
    I uploaded the art file, I will send you a PM.
    I didn't try with another art but I generated this one again with ArtView and there was still the same bug.

13. Crypton

Crypton Member

I'm sorry, but for some reason, I cannot open any .art file using ArtView. I've started using Windows 7 SP1, and it always crashes the app when I try to open a new file.

However, I've checked the .art file through hex editor, and everything look fine. I guess that there is a framerate/framecount limit for animations in Arcanum, but I think that it's a way higher than 40-50fps.

But I think that I do remember a eye candy animation that had more than 80 frames. It was in directory "art/eye_candy/". Are you sure that you set the correct FPS value in the ArtGen before you generated the file?

Anyway, I'll check this issue again later, once I manage to make the ArtView working again.

Have a nice day :)

14. Nataku

Nataku Member

FPS ? Frames per second ? I didn't see any value with that name. I didn't change anything on the left (stage min, stage max, stage Width, frame min, frame max, frame Width), I entered no value in "hit frame" and 23 in "frame rate" (I tried other values in frame rate as 12, 15, ...) but it didn't change nothing about that matter (the animation is cut-off at the same frame).

Thanks you for looking Crypton but I can keep the new art (the one with every other frames deleted), I doesn't looks like strange in play. I will use it for a secret in CrossRoad. The english demo is coming soon, hope you will enjoy it (if it's cool, it thanks to you too : I created lots of arts with your tool :thumbup: )

15. markjacknow

markjacknow New Member

16. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re:

Hello, do you remember that bug ?

I'm just posting here to say I finally found the solution. Actually, I saw that bug again but now, something changed : I know how to create new script eyecandies.
    So, because it's a one-shot animation, as everytime I created a long animation and I found the bug, I made an eyecandy of it and created a script eyecandy. I works perfectly, regardless of how long the animation is, neither of how many frames it includes. The only little matter is that an eyecandy is compulsary "don't light" (max light) and do not adapt his light with the ambient light, but you can make a screenshot of the object wich need to be animated with the light you want before the creation, so it's okay.
    ArtGen is definitely a sup-great tool :thumbup:
    (What us, modules creators, would be without the people who create that kind of tool ? :shootme: )

17. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

It seems the download links for arcanum.game-alive.com are down, I may be able to provide a mirror if Crypton agrees.

Our Host!