The right size for the stimx in your inventory

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Arthgon, Aug 11, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Should 30x30 be the right size for the stimx in your inventory, or should I change the size?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The 30 x 30 size is commonly used for things like potion bottles and such which only takes up one square in the inventory.
    If this stimx is the stimpack from Fallout, I'd recommend using a 2 square x 2 square ratio or 60 x 60 pixels (62 x something if you're using BMP2ART).

The picture you posted in the Fallout art thread looks to be about the same width as a book and the stock books are 62 pixels wide.

3. Arthgon

I have corrected the sizes and finished stimx and stimpak, and here they are:

[​IMG]

4. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

The one to the left in the left inventory looks ok, but the right one (the stimpack?) doesn't. Would it be possible to make it smoother?

5. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The stimpack (left) does look good but the stimx is a bit rough.
    That's going to be fun smooth out. You might want to reconsider skewing it that much.

6. Arthgon

While I still working on the Stimx, which items shall I also bring to Arcanum from Fallout?

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I've already sent the farm plants and hay bedding, two wall light fixtures, the bar (with the crockery), a bunch of skeletons, two metal plows, and a collection of primitive art and cave holes to Mathboy.

I'm heading in a different direction with my art creations, so the field's wide open for you.

Beyond that, I'd say bring nothing that doesn't look like it belongs in a Victorian-era magical world. In other words, nothing too modern.

There's still plenty of things like the notes, lockets, boxes, signs, table-top items, some of the junk piles, so forth and so on that'll look right once it's converted.

One thing to watch for is the size of the furniture. If the bar is any indicator, Fallout's furniture is smaller than Arcanum's.
    It was human-sized in Fallout, but halfling-sized in Arcanum.

8. Arthgon

Here are 10 items for Acranum From Fallout:

[​IMG]

The items above from left to right: Passkey1, Passkey2, Passkey3, Stimpak, StimX.

The items below from left to right: Scout Book, Guns & Ammunition, Dean's Electronics, First Aid Book, Flower.

Let me tell about the items:

Passkey1 - A electronic security key, color coded red.

Passkey2 - A electronic security key, color coded blue.

Passkey3 - A electronic security key, color coded yellow.

Stimpak - An advanced healing chem. Very powerful. Superstims will cause a small amount of damage after a period of time due to the powerful nature of the chemicals used.

Stimx - A healing chem. When injected, the chem provides immediate healing of minor wounds

Scout Book - A book on the methods and ideals of Scouting. Very practical information regarding outdoor life.

Guns & Ammunition - A gun rag. A magazine devoted to the practical use of firearms, and the occasional biased review."

Dean's Electronics - A study book on the field of electronics. A note on the cover say that it is for the "budding young electrician in everyone!"

First Aid Book - Study book on the concepts and practical use of first aid skills.

Flower

PS: Should I post these items to Dark Elf or Mathboy?

9. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

Looks good! I think if they want to host them in the downloads section, they'll ask you. I think, but I'm not certain!

10. Arthgon

Thank you wayne-scales.

Okay.

PS: oops..I accidently deleted this reply I gave to wayne-scales...sorry.

Our Host!