I have never...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Feb 18, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I thought I'd make a thread for the things that you've never done in Arcanum, whether that be quests, playing a certain race, getting a certain item - whatever. It's not the most original idea for a thread (these are on most gaming forums), but never mind that! Here are mine that I can think of:

I've never leveled up gambling or healing (and as such I've never done any of the related quests - such as using gambling to get to Thanatos).

I've never played a magickal dwarf (between the fatigue penalty, and how ridiculous they look in robes I just couldn't bring myself to).

I've never played a magick-focused archer.

I've never done the Bane of Kree ending, or brought Torian-Kel to the Void (as far as I can remember) to hear his special dialogue, or for that matter got all the followers in the Void recruited at once.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I've never finished the game with a dwarf or an archer. On that note, still got a save with my dwarven archer in Stillwater, but picking it up after nearly 2 years of not playing would be odd and I'd likely start a new game instead.

I've never mastered gambling nor had Waromon as a follower. Both were planned for the above dwarf, but yeah.

I've never played a halfling nor a half-elf. Also, any female that wasn't a half-orc.

I've never played a technologist learning the explosives discipline nor a mage learning the air, water or earth colleges.

I've never played a tech elf nor a magickal dwarf.

I've never played an iron man game of Arcanum. Should rectify that sometime, had iron man games of Fallout 1 and 2 and it's definitely a unique experience.

I tried all that out one time or another in debug mode, but that doesn't count.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've never got past Shrouded Hills as a gnome.

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I have never let the dog die.

5. Jojobobo

Re:

I've lent him a hand on a number of occasions, let alone just letting it die.

6. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

I've never played as an archer.

I've never finished a game without the minor healing spell. It is just so much more fucking convenient and easy than herbology that you should always take it regardless of character. Also never put a point into healing, as that would require retardation.

I've never played a backstabbing thief that didn't use stun.

I've never tried all the masteries at Tulla.

I've never played a tech whose only allies were his creations.

I've never done the bow or throwing mastery quests, but have visited their dungeons.

I've never put a point into haggle. There's so much money in this game already and so little to spend it on.

I vaguely recall some branching possibility with Tollo Underhill about maybe betraying him or leaving him or something and never doing that.

I've never let Vollinger betray me. That is, it has happened, but I go to previous saves and leave him before entering the pivotal spot (Tsen Ang I think it is, not Qintarra). I recall convincing him otherwise on occasion as well.

I've never had Kraka-Tur in my party. He's the only one, looking at the list.

I have beaten the game with Weldo as a follower :p

7. Jojobobo

Re:

That's quite the achievement, he may be another "never" for me - I can't recall if I ever bothered recruiting him due to his low level, or I guess if I did he failed to make much of an impact.

8. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

There's a fair few things I haven't tried some being;

- Letting the dog die
    - Playing as a lady
    - Using grenade or boomerangs
    - Spamming Harm
    - Using non-healing, mechanical and smithy tech trees
    - Not giving bates his ring
    - Archer all the way through
    - Gun guy all the way through

9. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

I've never let the guy beating the dog live...
    I've never completed the FULL gods quest.
    I've never betrayed Lady Druella (when going for the melee/dodge masteries)
    I've never been to Thanatos w/o Franklin Payne in the party ( he's just too awesome )
    I've never completed the game w/o dying at least once.
    I've never been able to get the firearms mastery although I know how to do it now. (wait for Rolland to pop)
    I've never beat the game solo.

I like to see this as a todo list rather than I've(will) never ;)

10. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Apart from many of the other entries in this thread, I have never...
    - disarmed a trap (although I have mastered the skill).
    - left Virgil at the Crash Site.
    - ditched a follower without a parting gift (I tend to give Sogg 250 coins, a bottle of wine, a nice suit and a pair of shoes).
    - beaten the game as an ogre or had strength greater than 14.
    - beaten the game unarmed.
    - had Raven without having Zan or vice versa.
    You've actually finished Fallout 2 iron man? Are we talking serious playthroughs or speedruns/exploits (such as getting Enclave power armour early)? I've tried it twice myself. First time I got shot when raiding the church in the Den. Second time I got killed by raiders using high end weaponry somewhere near Vault City.

11. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I've not done quite a few things in this game but most significant is I've never played a pure mage character and never played the Dark Elf evil path. I know the path though, I used to watch my brother play through this game a lot when we shared a PC.

Our Host!