Completely invisible means completely invincible

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Chat, Feb 17, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chat

Chat New Member

Completely invisible means completely invincible:a deadly combination of two dark arts

If you're a prowling master, then you can shoot others to death when they're not knowing your presence.
    If you can cast invisibility, then you can run past monsters without them noticing.

What will happen if you're a prowling master and you're currently invisble?

My guess is that you can run past monsters and shoot them to death if they're unaware, but if you're attacking while they're aware, then they'll attack you.

But that's not true!!!!!

You can shoot them in the face and they wouldn't do a thing!!!!!!

You can stab your foe right in front of them----well they'll be "aware"----but they will not fight back, they will just stand there and die!!!!

Like this :) :minigun: or this :akimbo: :)

Not only that, you can cast whatever you want! Harm , lightening bolt or whatever, your opponent doesn't care!!!
    (But unlock will still make people "hatred", but they will not run over and stop you.)

You can slaughter the whole Tarrent or whatever without any resistance.(Some people will run away though.)

You will be completely invincible!!!!!!!!!!

PS:

Your prowling skill doesn't really matter, all you need is the master title, and if you're not a master but have 5 ranks of prowling, you'll still be found the second you attack.

Notice that if you quit stealthing then your enemy will strike back immediately, also if you run out of FT and stop being invisible.

Also, if your opponent has a PE of 20 or can cast "sense hidden", he'll find you and fight you.

And you cannot do this while you're having followers with you, 'cause when they go into battle that will make you stob stealthing.

Sometimes dialogue or whatever can also automaticly make you stop steathing, but that doesn't happen a lot.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff, never something I really thought to give a try in the past. Might be more fun for a thief build (as in, you have no fear of persecution) than a straight up melee build as things might get a bit redundant a bit fast.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Master training in prowling can already feel pretty overpowered, but then again the option of receiving it is given fairly late in the game due to the master's location.

At that the game is saying "Eh, you've survived the hardest locations I had to offer already and you likely have a solid character by now anyway. Might as well go nuts if you feel like it."

4. Chat

Chat New Member

That's true, the prowling master is pretty late, but if you can cast invisibility, then you can avoid most of the battles.

I usually avoid fighting until i get the All-father's blessing, 'cause that will save a lot of CPs.

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I once had a playthrough where I waited for Velorien's blessing to save CPs and minmax. But then once I already had it, I realized that while the character is perfect now, the game is nearly over. At long last, I could return to all the skipped dungeon locations, but there didn't seem to be much of a point to do so anymore.

6. Pyotr

Pyotr Member

And I just cheated Velorien's blessing right from the start and forgot about that shitty metagaming for the rest of playthrough.

7. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

To make it worse the vivifier placement is right there too. It's all such a shame.

8. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I'm never too bothered with using the vivifier and getting the blessing towards the end of the game - you usually have 3 (or 12) in melee from investing 2 CPs of your own and having Moordinal's blessing (enough for Expert training) or 2 (8) in Firearms, which is enough to get by as most firearms have to hit bonuses. Then once you get the blessing, you have some mastery quests to do in what is the sparser latter half of the game.

9. lowndes888

lowndes888 New Member

I've never played a character with any prowling skill but that thing you mention when you attack NPCs and they don't even notice you reminded me. In one of my playthroughs as a techy I sniped half of the Kree barbarians from so far they never ran up to me and just walked around losing HP like crazy. Laughed my ass off. :D

Our Host!