Your best game of Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 16, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

The title says it all. Which of your multitude of games of Arcanum was your best? Was it the one where you went on a rampage as a half ogre melee monster, or was it that time you solod Stringy Pete as a naked halfling summoner?

For me it was the time I went all out on technology. Up until then I had been playing exclusively as a pure mage or fighter character. The change of pace and interaction with the world was amazing. There was so much to do and explore in comparison to my previous builds that they seemed bleak and uninteresting.

Let the discussion commence!

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

My favourite roleplayed playthrough was a human idiot savant, partly because of exploring technology but also because of the dumb dialogue journal. I laughed so much reading the journal, and running around looting rubbish bins and suddenly throwing clockwork at people had an added element of humour.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Discovering the journal when playing an idiot was hilarious, yes. And all the nice things you say...

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I enjoyed playing an intelligent half-ogre pugilist the most, I think that was the most well realised character I made which I had thoroughly planned out and put the plan into action. Had full Therapeutics, Herbology, Smithing, Repair, Melee, Dodge, Temporal and also had the first level of Morph for that extra sliver of unarmed damage. With Therapeutics I maxed ST, DX, WP and IN - going for the Rare Half-Ogre birth background (Therapeutics allows you to by-pass the IN cap IIRC - so long as you can get to the levels of IN that let you develop intelligence, which as the character didn't have a problem combining magic and tech was made possible by the one time use of a potion of intellect).

The motivation behind the character was the he was rigidly morally upright and wanted to wipe out crime, corruption and evil - the classic white knight made all the better due to the brutality of his methods. Unarmed combat was surprisingly fun, you usually knock the opponent out before you kill them allowing you to quickly beat groups of enemies unconscious and then finish them off one by one. Plus, a lot can be said for the rewarding nature of beating the final boss to death with your meaty fists.

5. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Our Host!