Arcanum Review

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Wasted_Savior, Dec 17, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

2. PrimordialWill

PrimordialWill New Member

I have played many rpgs with good stories before, but none even come close to the philosophical explosion which begins in the mages city library and culminates with the greatest villain speech in the history of rpgs...

...it was amazing...

:shootme:

3. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

I think it's a good review. I do wish tech was stronger but the main reason I like Magic is lightning bolt (I think that's the name), Disintigrate and above all Teleport. That spell saves SO MUCH TRAVEL TIME and avoids dangerous encounters. You can cast it almost anywhere (everywhere? I forget) and it takes no money.

4. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

When I discovered the luxury of teleport it kind of robbed a large element of the game for me. You don't get to discover anything on your travels (like the caves, mazes and odd encounters). I try not to use magic when I play these days, but it is so imbalanced that the temptation is always there.

5. The Pigeon

The Pigeon Member

I both agree and disagree in a way. I love exploring whether or not I have Teleport. I just find it glorious to have when I realy DON'T want to fight random battles and want to travel to sell stuff/go back to the current quest place. It's hard playing a tech dude though after having played a mage so much. Though putting stuff together is awesome!

6. FilthyJack

FilthyJack Member Supporter

The site now gives a "Error establishing a database connection" message.

Unless this is your very first playthrough, why would you miss anything because you're using teleport? If you know there are some hidden places then you will end up travelling on the map trying to find them anyways.

When I roll a mage, I like to travel with waypoints instead of teleport sometimes, it just gives me the choice to go straight to the point (sell/buy stuff) and come back, or to take my sweet time epxloring. Nothing says I can't do both.

Our Host!