Mechanical discipline, most suited for thieves?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by SpaceCowboy78, Nov 22, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

So when I looked at the mechanical discipline.. With the auto skeleton key, traps etc.. Do you think this discipline is very compatible with the thief? Locking with the key and laying traps with prowl.

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Yes I'd say it's worth investing in if you want to be a tech thief - the auto skeleton key, trap springers (if you don't want to level disarm traps) and eye gear (though eye gear can be found in the game) all have their uses. I like the flow spectrometer too from the electric discipline if I don't much fancy putting points into spot traps.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I think the clockwork decoy is the cutest gadget in the game.

I haven't used it much with a sneak thief, but it fits the build and it is fun.

4. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

I think the clockwork decoy, explosives etc are cute too. They are so flavourful. You're like from the Special forces using drones or decoys to destroy the enemy. Unfortunately i hear they don't work so well?

By the way having a mechanical army as an thief is like a criminal mastermind.. the Clockwork Kingpin.. or something.. very flavourful.

Looking at the rest of the Mechanical discipline..hmm.. the traps are not very intersting..
    If you ask other people what are the must have for tech disciplines.. then electricity and smithing are often mentioned.. gun smithing is you're using a gun. I dont hear much for mechanical.

By the way, this game is great.. so many option.. as a thief.. magic thief, tech thief, sniper thief, explosive special forces, classical backstab thief and lastly mechanical underworld warlord..:)

Our Host!