Picking locks and pockets VS gambling and haggling.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Chad32, Nov 8, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

Sometimes during a game, money can be a bit of a problem. Sometimes you just can't afford that really good weapon, armor, or whatever. A few ways around it is to use thieving skills to steal the stuff, or social skills to make and save money. Personally I think theft is easier because it's more direct, and the skills only rely on one stat that you're probably raising anyway for the combat skills. Unless you're a pure mage or pacifist.

What is the general opinion on this? Would you rather be sneaky, or be more lawful? At least with gambling, you can get Blackbeard (Edward Teach) back his boat. I suppose a spellcaster would raise intelligence and willpower anyway, so spending points on gambling and haggling would flow better with the important stats. However spellcasters also get unlock cantrip...

Though honestly my fighter/mage character generally brings his stats up to twelve to get fire flash and three slots for continuous spells. He could just be an expert instead of master in the social skills.

Our Host!