Do the tech NPCs learn all their disciplines?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Chad32, Nov 7, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

I've been playing this game for a while, and I generally play on the magic side, rather than the technological side. I am considering having a tech character that spends points on key skills while having the four tech followers learn their disciplines and make stuff for me. Thing is, Magnus seems to take his sweet time learning new disciplines, and I'm not sure I want to play a game to level 50 just to find out they don't get around to learning all the ones down their lists.

I want to know if Magnus is going to be able to make me some elite armor eventually, and such. It seems like a good way to get everything out of technology, as long as they do get their doctorate level disciplines.

I think I like using that rat infested warehouse in Tarant as my tech base, since it has 8+ containers.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

No, they don't.

Magnus can make goggles and gauntlets at best, I believe.

It is possible that the two npc companions at Dernholm can max out the gunsmithing, therapeutic and herbology trees, but possibly not.

Possibly Sebastian from the boil has some advanced explosives and electrical schematics but I dont think it maxes out. Magnus definitely stops at level four or so.

3. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

I was afraid of that. I'm not sure if I've been to level 50, and I know I've never gotten Magnus to level 50, but I've never seen him go more than four. I guess relying on followers will only get you so far, which is a pity.

I guess if I learn stuff myself, I would definitely go with smithy, herbology, and explosives.

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

There are five followers that dabble in the technological disciplines.

Only the PC can learn the 5th, 6th, and 7th degree in any discipline, but if you're charismatic (at least CH:15) you can surround yourself with minions that together cover the basics in every discipline. Franklin Payne is quite useless though.

5. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

I know about Franklin, but I don't really count him because he only learns the first one. I'm not sure I've actually invited him because he comes so late. In games like this I rarely take someone who comes late unless there's something really special about them.

It seemed like such a good plan too. My followers would make things for me, except for schematic stuff. That only goes so far, though.

6. Pyotr

Pyotr Member

You can remove their leveling scheme with Follower Editor and/or edit already obtained skills through save editor.
    It's a shame followers cannot into schematics.

Our Host!