Weird Glitch Thread

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Sep 26, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

So ... post particularly bizarre exploits or game breaking glitches here.

My game just broke...

So I rescued Cynthia Boggs from the Isle Of Despair. I brought her back to Ashbury, and then returned to the isle. When I got back I talked to Gorrin and initiated the last fight. I killed the three halflings and came out of the pit, I talked to Gorrin again and he said the previous text and I flashed into the pit for a moment, then out again. I talked to him again and went to the pit again, and now my character is trapped there.

video coming in a few moments.

2. Wasted_Savior

Wasted_Savior Member

I actually had this happen to me in my first play through and I had not saved in quite some time. It was very disappointing but I found no way out of that curious scenario and had to restart from my last save.

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Here is a demonstration of the glitch...
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfe9FDzl8Jo[/youtube]

I did not edit this at all, I just added audio to spice it up a bit.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I like your definition of "a few moments". There's not very many glitches I can think of since Drog got his dirty dirty hands on the game and made the UAP, the only glitch I can think of that springs to mind is sometimes weapon firing speed slows when you're shooting at wolves. There, beat that for excitement!

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

It took a lot longer (about 50 minutes) than expected to bounce the video to mp4. It seems quicktime doesn't like me this week. I bounced a second copy of the same file using the same settings but exported it using iMovie and it only took 10 minutes and the file was 4 megabytes smaller. Consumer level production tools are weird sometimes (/my computer is no spring chicken).

Next time I'll remember to say a few hours... :p

Our Host!