The Great Arcanum Scavenger Hunt!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Jojobobo, Oct 14, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Philes isn't it time you finished Arcanum

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

But then we would have to change his title to something like "seldom finisher extraordinaire", and that has no ring to it at all.

3. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

It'll happen! I don't know when, but it'll happen.

It won't be soon either, because I'm in the middle of a cross-country move for the next few weeks.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

What country is going to house the Unfinisher Extraordinaire?

5. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

The same one I always was in, just on the other side of it. Perhaps "across-country move" would have been more apropos.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

'Cross-country' is correct, it just means 'across the countryside'.

I can understand your confusion, though, Muro, in taking a literal translation.

Any cross-country journey in Europe probably entails national borders anyway.

It's hard for me to imagine living in a nation where you can be invaded by an army walking there.

7. Jojobobo

Re:

I used to feel the same way, but it looks like it won't be long now before the Scottish have independence. I feel pretty confident if they do that in a few years they'll try and take over the world.

8. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Scots unthirldom! Scotland shoud poleetical sinder itsel frae the Unitit Kinrick!

9. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Re:

Does it really look like they're going that way?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Independence_Referendum#Opinion_polling

Granted this is Wikipedia so it could be bullshit, but this data seems to suggest that more than the majority oppose independence.

This made me laugh really hard for some reason.

10. Jojobobo

Re: Re:

No it doesn't, I was trying to be humorous. Still it's not clear cut that they won't get independance either.

I'm pretty neutral on the idea, the only thing I don't like is that it's being backed by a nationalist group, and they tend not to be too great. Not that my opinions are informed in anyway, the SNP might be great chaps, but I'd imagine any party wanting "nationalist" to be in it's title must be out of whack somehow.

11. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

Re:

Laughed out loud

12. Jojobobo

So in the interests of flogging a dead horse until it's nothing more than a pile of rotting pulped-up horse meat, I found this:

[​IMG]

It has a chance to cast a variant of Major Healing on the enemy that heals health and fatigue, so it's a fun item if you're feeling wildly masochistic. I thought it was fun enough to mention, even if no one is particularly interested in looking for it.

For clues the mace is obscured by crap on the floor. It's also found in a completely optional dungeon that doesn't have a quest related to it (for example, the Stonecutter Clan is an optional dungeon that also has an optional quest attached to it - so not one of those types of locations). There's also two other hexed items in this location (can't remember if either of them cropped up in this thread before, I think one of them might have). The location for it does crop up if you google the mace, but I don't think it's widely known about so I thought it'd make a reasonable addition to the thread.

13. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Didn't know about the mace. Can you use it to make yourself practically invulnerable with meta?

There are a few at the crash site, but the one that you're probably referring to is located underneath a box called "factory discards" which is located underneath some shrubs. You have to alt-klick the piece of steel to drag it out.

14. Jojobobo

I'm not sure, I think I've sold it now too so I'd have to track it down to test this out. People in a thread from 2001 on here though say it can be used to heal followers just so long as you have a low strength and alt + attack on them (which apparently doesn't make them pissed off at you?) - I thought that was rather interesting.

I pretty sure this box was something I only discovered in the last few years, it's so well hidden that unless you drag your mouse over it you're very unlikely to notice it.

EDIT: Also for a new item, where can you find wine glasses? As far as I'm aware, they can only be find in one location. They have the same sprite as the glass that was used to poison Wrath. They're also in a late game location, and it's a location that has come up previously for one of Muro's items I believe. A must for any daper sophisticated/alcoholic character.

I thought we'd covered this already? In any case, as Muro alluded to it's the gown worn by the clothing saleswoman in Black Root.

EDIT 2:
    Ancient Temple - natürlich.

15. Deman

Deman Member

I guess this game just keeps on giving, eh?

That is correct. I became somewhat frustrated when I first noticed it, since back then I had no clue that you could drag corpses/equipment.

I remember that I once had a wine glass appear through cheating ("item-transformation") in my character's inventory. Sadly this didn't reveal much about its actual whereabouts.

Our Host!