Long Range Rifle & Sharpshooter's Pistol

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Krycek, Dec 21, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Krycek

Krycek New Member

These two are unique as far as I know. They are carried by the gunsmiths in Ashbury and Tarant.

If I wanted to modify them, how should I do it?

Unique weapons don't have proto files, am I right?

BONUS QUESTION:
    The description.mes mentiones a Folding Rifle.

{6101}{Folding Rifle}

I am pretty sure this one is not in the game. Could you give it to yourself via a custom background. Anybody tried? I don't know jack about custom backgrounds, hence the question.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I did. It's nothing special, really. Looks like a Clarington Rifle, stats more or less like a Hunting Rifle, only worse.

And you are correct. The Folding Rifle is not the only weapon which is impossible to be found in the game yet present in the files and possible to be added in custom backgrounds, though. There are a few more:

{6084}{Hushed Pistol}
    {6087}{Schreck's Pistol} **
    {6102}{Repeater Rifle Variant 1}
    {6103}{Repeater Rifle Variant 2}
    {6107}{Levered Machine Gun} **
    {6166}{Balanced Boomerang} *
    {6172}{Void Sword}

* Possible to be found in the game with original stats with the UAP
    ** Possible to be found in the game with modified stats with the UAP

3. Gleedaniel13

Gleedaniel13 New Member

It is very nice to modify unique weapons so that only a little can spy on it.

4. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New Member

Cut content is pretty interesting in Arcanum. There is even art that looks like reloading animation for hunting rifle and art for broken (exploded) rifles and revolvers.

Regarding your question though, it is possible to edit those weapons, but you need to do that in WorldED (map editor) and while technically it should be extremely easy, I haven't personally got it to work. Seems that every time I extract DAT files and place them as extracted (to my Arcanum folder) they never work correctly. I can make changes to world and everything seems ok, but somehow strairs and other objects that are supposed to teleport player don't just work. You could try though. I was working on a weapon mod while back, but it has been on hiatus because I just can't get things working.

Also unique weapons like that don't (technically they do, but there's more) have proto-files at all. Same goes for hexed and quite lots of stuff actually. Proto files are partly meant to be "prototypes" (hence the name) for stuff that developers actually add into world and make them unique by changing name or stats. Randomization (shops, loot etc.) uses protos as they are though.

Our Host!