Unofficial Arcanum Patch: Bug Reporting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Anonymous, Aug 6, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All bug reports go here. English version of the game only.

CHANGELOG:

The full changelog is available here. It's being constantly updated, upcoming fixes are listed at the end.

NOTES & TIPS:
    1. Running the game with the -dialognumber parameter lets you see internal numbers for PC lines in dialogs. Right click on your desktop link to the game and add it. E.g. "C:\Sierra\Arcanum\Arcanum.exe -dialognumber". It's much easier to find a broken line when you know the number.
    2. You can install a small cheat menu available via Virgil's dialog. It gives you all map locations, mastery in any skill, fate points, XP, gold, character points, lets you change your alignment and aptitude, sail your boat at anytime and even force the story line status and teleport anywhere, thus making almost every quest available from the start.
    3. You can also use the original Troika's cheats (which were disabled in the final build). Here you can find how to enable and use them.
    4. If you're tired of hitting ESC two times every time you launch the game, then use this fix to disable the starting movies. Just put the file into your Arcanum folder.
    5. Running the game with "tigdebug=file" command line argument lets you enable the debug log (debug.txt in your Arcanum folder). E.g. "C:\Sierra\Arcanum\Arcanum.exe tigdebug=file".

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best of luck, and keep up the great work. :D

3. Delightful

Delightful New Member

I have fould a reciep for "Schrecks more barreled Gun"(Sorry, I play the game in german with the translated version of your patch) in the Factory of bates (in a amory therem wich was locked). I have it for the first time and never learned it before, but I cannot use it. If I right-click on it nothing happens. Not even a Massage in the info-bar is shown.

Hope I was a help ^^

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The schematic was made unusable intentionally, so it's not really a bug, but an example of cut-out content.

The Extra Pack for the Unofficial Patch restores some of the cut-out content, including this schematic. Although, if you've already picked it up on your current save, it won't help you (since the item is already stored in your save).

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The quest where you go throught the maze to get the platinum chalice in Tulla has a bug that would be terrible for someone with the technophobic background.

The gauntlets in he maze (I think they are called Fal'kin's Gauntlets or something similar its been a while since I played the game) are rated as a tech item meaning a technophobe can't wear them and if you don't wear the items in the correct order you can't get out of the maze.

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

I posted this in Rroyo's mod:

One of Pete's party is a greater skeletion rather then the supposed pirate skeletion. This skeletion has betters sklls; 5 bow masterd, 5 dodge, 5 melee masterd and 5 heal. He also has like 50 more life points. I got the idea that maybe that these stats where ment for pete himself seeing that he isn't any stronger then his followers (while being 5 levels above the others).

Not really a bug but a clear mistake. Thought it was worth mentioning since you accept bugs. Do what you will with it.

Glad to see you working on the patch again!

7. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Actually the special Caladon armor you can pick up for the Thieves guild has a bug.
    It states it adds a follower and raises reaction.
    However, it does not allow an extra follower, and raises beauty (which causes the reaction increase, but that is not the same)
    It does not state the increases in Strength, Dexterity and Constitution that it does.

This is with 1.0.7.4 and your unofficial patch installed.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Caladon's Crusading Chain had a wrong description (the one from the Leadership Medallion). This was fixed. You have some problems with your installation.

9. The_Deathsangel

ah, okay - It might be that I had already that life started before I installed the patch. Although, I hadn't found the armor.
    If it is trully wrong installation, instead of the fact I had to start a new life, where do the files of the patch need to go?

And thus this also fix (I have no idea why all of a sudden I find these two) the missing line of the gnome that appears in Caladon after returning of Half-Ogre Island.
    I get: error: missing line ...... (goes to quick) when I attack him.
    And Potion of Paralysis (also find on Half Ogre Island) talks about combing mushrooms with poison, but the schematics is for wine and poison

P.s. Is that amulet a random find, never seen it before?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I see. The item is already stored in your save, thus it's bugged. Don't use old saves with the UAP, many bugs won't be fixed, moreover you will get slowdowns and even hang-ups in many areas. It has been said many times, that old saves are not supported and will never be.

Try to take a screenshot.

That's an unused schematic, it wasn't supposed to be in the game. It produces the same item as the schematic you get by studying Chemistry. I'll delete it in the next version.

It's nowhere in the actual game.

11. The_Deathsangel

No worries, I thought it was more like with BG/BG2 mods (a game I am modding for... besides Arcanum now a bit seeing I already made 10 new backgrounds (some with new unique stuff) and want to make more)), that it is oright if you haven't walked into the area yet. But than it is fine sorry for the false ringing of the bell.

Sure, will do so in a moment.

That's a shame that it is not in game....

12. The_Deathsangel

Okay, I tried it again and this time the sentence was there...
    This was another life I used for the test though. Difference was a Dark Elf and Gnome. Can't reproduce the error at this moment.

P.s. Are you aware of the 'magical' Thieving Armors?
    My gnome is wearing one and it gives spot trap, open locks and prowling. The effect used in effect {130} in the effect.mes. The armor themselves don't shop as magic item though, but as a mundane one. Even a tech can use it.
    I am not refering to the Camealon Robes with only the bonus to prowl. I don't know if this is considered a bug though.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A Dark Elf? Something tells me that you've hacked yourself a Dark Elf PC. They're missing lots of dialog (the gnome was probably insulting you by race, and since there's no lines for Dark Elves it resulted in a missing line), and can't complete many quests. They cause many bugs as well, since they were never meant to be played.

Please don't report 'bugs' you find by extensively hacking the game.

The armor was magickal originally, they made it neutral for balance reasons.

14. The_Deathsangel

Euhm I meant Elf with Dark Elf follower back ground.
    I won't report bugs when I do that stuff. I know that won't help and I already noticed the problems for indeed I had given myself that race for a short while.
    However, seeing my faulty use of an old save... let us just throw it on that ;)
    And the Halfling also does not insult you on race. He says your just a pion nothing more.

Other things you can make Tollo stay in your party not by shaming him, but by taking away the map before you leave the dungeon. He does not return when I kick him out as indeed I have exceeded my follower limit.

Hezrod does not go hostile when you attack Tulla.

I see, but now it can not be differentiated from normal oiled thieves leather that can still be bought for instance. That is a slight bit of a downer. Why not give it a magical symbol but still make it work? Or give it the description like Cassie's necklace?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have no idea what you're talking about. There's no 'normal' Oiled Thieves Leather, all of them have bonuses to all thieving skills (sans Backstab).

16. The_Deathsangel

I picked up a thieves leather at the halfling fence in Tarant and it did not give these bonuses.

Another funny thing, using scrolls is normally temporary even those spells that can last forever like dominate will, and create undead. However, summon familiar even of a scroll is forever.

Probably not a real bug but continuing my attack on Tulla, not all master mages have the master amulet on their person. Some have some not.

And the Guardians inside of the Tulla building need to be effected by disperse magic before they attack an hostile intruder... bit odd?

Tollo has a typo in his dialogue when you ask him about Tarant. He says '...of the Thieves Underground, of my memory serves me...'
    Naturally the 'of' needs to be an 'if'

P.s. If you get fed up with me making just say so and I'll stop

17. team a

team a New Member

I think I sent you a few fixes around the time the last patch was released. I'd check if they're on the list, but rpgcodex seems to be down.

I don't remember that the Torian in Kree interaction was fixed, but I may be wrong. Also, I don't think my fix of gamearea.mes was included. I can resend them if necessary.

18. The_Deathsangel

team a what do you mean with the Torian in Kree fix? I have had him comment even without the patch.

He talks about that he thinks a natural disaster must have destroyed the town.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A new version of the unofficial patch will be released in a few days. I've fixed almost all major bugs on my list.

Feel free to report more bugs that you'd like to be fixed in the upcoming release. But, please, be specific.

20. DonThrogg

DonThrogg New Member

I'm not sure this can be fixed but when your running and use pickpocket on somone and look at their equipment you keep on running and the only way to stop is to talk to one of your companions.

EDIT: The Bank Robers in Shrouded Hills have wrong armor, it's blue instead of green.

Our Host!