I want to come back to Arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Legendary Z, Jun 1, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Legendary Z

Legendary Z New Member

Hello, It has been a very long time since I have thought about or played Arcanum. I first would like to state I was very young when I first played this game and I would like to revisit the game. That aside I would like to try to get a grip on all of the extra fan made possible things that have come into existence. Could someone let me know aside from the core game of things that they enjoy, be it higher resolutions or added mods. Thanks in advance.

I would be interested in any kind of multiplier super upgraded effects or graphics added character backgrounds (the starting backgrounds I.E. Born or ran away from the circus)

So please just let me know what is out there so I don't end up with 100 out of date mods that people are not continuing, I would like to try out as many as possible thanks in advance and if this need to be in a different forum section as well let me know.

2. rocksam20

rocksam20 New Member

The first thing to do is to get the Troika patch 1.0.7.4, which fixes several issues. To fix further issues, you have 2 choices...1) download the Unofficial Patch 09 OR 2) download A:WIP 6.0, which has most of the Unofficial Patch included (and also adds 30 new areas, some of which are incomplete but still functional [read: entering incomplete areas won't break your game]). Note that the Unofficial Patch and A:WIP are incompatible, so you have to pick one or the other.

I would recommend the Higher Res Patch and the High Quality Town Maps. If you're looking for extra content, there are several fullscale modules in the downloads section, all of which are decent. I couldn't tell you which are best, because I've not played any of them yet. If you chose to download the Unofficial Patch, you can get new areas in the main campaign using polished_Carcanum. (I prefer A:WIP myself.) If you want new portraits, you should download the portraits.zip file.

Our Host!