Modesty Mod

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Berzee, Mar 29, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Berzee

Berzee New Member

(is this where I should post mods wot I made? sorry if it's in the wrong place)

For the person who, for one of many possible reasons, wants to be able to swap out armor and clothes and such without ending up with a party of ladies walking around in just their undergarments.

Here's a mod that will replace various outfits with less revealing alternatives (underwear becomes a dress, some of the armors are also replaced). Some dialog bits are edited too, from the brothel and from Stillwater, and given a more family-friendly replacement. For example, the brothel has been converted into a dental clinic.

Direct download: https://rapidshare.com/files/1819601638 ... sty_mod.7z
    Page on my modesty mods site about it: http://jake.brasee.com/modestymods/arcanum.php

That is all -- thanks =)

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Sir, I dig your sense of humor.

Dialogue at Madam Lil's made my day. Why can't I hold all these lolwuts and all that.

By the way, the nude blocker only works on females. Intentional, yes/no?

3. Berzee

Berzee New Member

Haha, excellent. Glad you enjoyed =P

Intentional but only because of laziness. I should create a version that works for men too, someday, but it took me *ages* to get it working just for the female human art, and to do it for the five different male body types was too daunting a prospect at the time...so I just finished the ladies because that was what was currently bothering me most at the time. The guys in underwear bothered me slightly less because I frequently am one myself, but it would be great if someone took it upon themselves to finish the mod someday, or if I ever worked up the motivation. =)

(I actually don't remember any unclothed man-types running about during my playthrough...I think by random chance the people whose armor ended up breaking in my party were all females. Must have been, because I just popped into the game to see what the man-in-underwear model looks like and thought, "Well that's awkward")

4. Constipation

Constipation New Member

So, seeing ladies in underwear bothers you, but forcing women to wear nifty dresses under leather/chain/plate armour doesn't?

5. Berzee

Berzee New Member

Muro, thank you for introducing me to "Why can't I, hold all these limes?"

CONSTIPATION -- if I discover that the NPCs are as uncomfortable with the dresses under the armor as I am with seeing them in their underwear, I will certainly make adjustments!

I admit that was a bit of an oversight =T I made the same mistake with my Skyrim modesty mod, and I fixed it there...but that's because I feel like Skyrim depends mainly on its visual immersivity for much of its charm, so it seemed more important in that context. Arcanum doesn't seem to suffer nearly so much for having secret dresses under armor, though it's still not ideal.

6. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

"Your poor habits may give me job security, but they offend my professional pride!" - thanks for the mod, it was very amusing; although as a minor point Mr. Wellington did still pay my poor female character for sex.

Our Host!