A new french module

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Nataku, Sep 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nataku

Nataku Member

I am presently downloading a demo of my module. I have to say that it is in french so I guess that few people will try it but there are some interested poeple, go to the forum http://arcanum.multani.info/forum/ in the section "Module d'Eoliad". Read the instructions and download it. In there is any matter, please contact me on the other forum because I am almost never on this one.

(And I am sorry for my awful english)

Nataku

EDIT : https://drive.google.com/drive/fold...ourcekey=0-o1kHd29YtMm7qCZtZ8KRvA&usp=sharing is the unique link for Download CrossRoad, and it should never change (it's a Google Drive folder)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  2. Nataku

Nataku Member

I give you here the links to download the module (17 parts). Please, do not use the application before having the 17 parts.

[EDIT : Dead links]

3. Crypton

Crypton Member

757MB? Wow, that's pretty large. I just downloaded it and I'm going to try it.

Btw, for everyones convenience, I already reuploaded it to other file hoster, as single download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9HPNQ45E

I had it uploaded in 2 mins, so I'm able upload it to other file hosters, if needed.

4. Crypton

Crypton Member

Just finished testing it, it's pretty awesome! I wish it was in English, so I can understand to the story, but I definitely like the locations, both interiors and exteriors, lighting, and the new art.

On the other side, I also noticed few bugs:
    Keep up the good work :)

5. Nataku

Nataku Member

Okay, thank you Crypton. I fixed the errors you noticed. I didn't imagine that someone will search in all the module's files. Thank you.

In GameInit, I don't know a line 8 ? What is it suposed to be ? And where is the line 55500 ? I don't know it.

I thank you for the upload in one link, someone just did it on the french forum so it's a good idea.

I will continue it but not before the christmas vacations but the module will be continued.

Again one time I say thank you to test CrossRoad and I hope you will enjoy the train level wich will be the next. I don't think I will translate it because, as you saw it, there is a lot of dialogs but may be my brother (Wim's) will translate it when it will be finished.

6. Crypton

Crypton Member

You're welcome. I actually didn't looked inside your module, but those warning messages were generated by Arcanum's debug console, after loading your module. I just noticed them, since I'm playing in window mode, so it was easy to spot.

Line 8 can be either eighth row or index {8}. If the error isn't on the line that it claims, then it's probably few lines above. You have to be very careful when editing message files (.mes), because one mistake can mess up a lot of things :) I recommend using qtScribe editor, since it (AFAIR) can detect some common mistakes inside .mes files, thus making editing more safer.

Great, I'm looking forward to see more, one day :thumbup:

That's okay, I'll probably try to translate it by myself, by using some fancy text translator. The translation won't make much sense, but still better than nothing :)

7. Nataku

Nataku Member

I saw it : the bigest bug I had with that was when in the file townmaps : I wrote the same number twice and the editor refused to start. :x r

Okay, thank you for your help :) It the translation is quite good, I hope the others members of that forum will test the module :D

8. Crypton

Crypton Member

9. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

Got this thing downloaded, but, as I don't read French I'm not 100% sure as how best to proceed with installation... I'm guessing just copy all the files into the directory of a fresh 1.0.7.4 install?

10. Crypton

Crypton Member

11. Nataku

Nataku Member

Put the .dat file in C:/Sierra/Arcanum/modules
    And the data files in C:/Sierra/Arcanum (there is yet another data file, save it anywhere because the new data file can change something in the main module (Arcanum).
    Then start the game and go in the "Réglages" (the main menu is now wrote in french) to select the module "Crossroad" then go back and select "Nouveau voyage" then "créer voyageur" (create traveler).

Thank you for testing it and tell me if there is any bug. And DO NOT USE THE LOCKPICKS (OR SKELETTON KEY) AFTER LEAVING THE BOAT : I DELETED THEM IN THE NEW VERSION (the first ones are destroyed after the boat adventure) :)

Do not press "Esc" when the game is playing a sound and started an animation (as the ring in the office, the drowning song, ...) it will delsync the sound and the animation. (It explained in the translation of the readme by Google, thanks you Crypton).

The last thing is to do not save and load the game when you are in the "spirit of the prisoner", an monochrome world that you will visit during the 2nd mission. It could causes a bug of objects wich go back to their first place and it's sometimes not possible to finish that world with that bug :-(

Yes, I saw you joined it, thanks :thumbup:

12. Nataku

Nataku Member

So DaneKoponen, did you begin the mod :D I hope you will enjoy it :)

13. Nataku

Nataku Member

I forgot one important thing : The demo end is at the train station. (You will not understand it in the mod : it's wrote in french). So if you are there, it is the end, you you are not and if you don't know what you have to do, post a screenshot or tell me where you are, I will answer you telling what is your objective.
    (I'm not sure this sentence is clear :-? )

14. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

I'll give you a full review when I finish, but that might be a while with life and stuff :)

15. Nataku

Nataku Member

16. Nataku

Nataku Member

As Crypton said, there is fanpage on Facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crossroad-An-Arcanum-module/226746180697393

[EDIT : The link to the page changed even the previous should still works. The page is now "CrossRoad - An Arcanum module"]

I don't know if the megaupload link of Crypton is still okay, but you can download the module with a link on that page (another megaupload lonk created by a member of the french forum).
    This link will be okay for at least a month.

Please, continue to play my module. :wavey: :hump:

17. Nataku

Nataku Member

Because Megaupload is now closed, I did another link to the demo (I a fixed some bugs). The demo is split in 3 parts : download the three then use the .exe one, it will merge the parts to one unique .rar file. (I don't think it's a matter if the demo is cut in 3 parts this time). :???:

[EDIT : Dead links, the new link is on the first message of the first page of this topic]

18. Constipation

Constipation New Member

So, when is this going to be translated to English?

19. Nataku

Nataku Member

Actually, I doubt it will be. Presently, I have no time to create the module so I have no more time to translate it :(
    There is a huge work to do to translate because of the quantity of the dialogs. If the module has to be translated, it probably will be when the creation will be over.
    There is a chance that my brother translate the demo but it won't be before this summer. I'm sorry cause I know that the translation is not the hardest thing on a module by I have really no time presently.
    Anyway, I think I'm not enough skillful in english so I prefer waiting for my brother.

But I'm sure it will be translated in a (near) future :???:

20. Constipation

Constipation New Member

[​IMG]

Our Host!