AWIP 6.0 shop inventories.

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by dajuke, Aug 31, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. dajuke

dajuke New Member

Greetings all

This issue arose last time I tried to use AWIP, but I thought it was simply because I had a bunch of other things thrown into the game and they were messing each other.

Now I am playing on a clean install, with 1074, and all I have done is use the AWIP 6.0 mod.

My issue is, at some shops such as the gypsy woman, and the shops on the small island just out of Shrouded Hills I only can purchase items the first time I visit them. Once a day passes and they should refresh, their inventory is empty. It opens up the shop screen, there is simply nothing there. Is this simply part of the mod? Other shops refresh fine, Ritzze for instance, and some Tarant shops. I don't know how many merchants are affected because i haven't been able to get far enough in using this mod to see them all.

I'm using windows 7, but I don't think is an issue as last time this happened I was in xp.

When I downloaded the mod, I had quite a few files, but it seemed all I was supposed to do was put the Patch1 file in the mods folder. I still have a dat.5 file, I don't know if that is supposed to go somewhere.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. This doesn't ruin the game for me, but I do enjoy shopping more than once looking for items and would like to not have to worry about inventories showing up.

2. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

Maybe you're using a different version than I am, but my version of AWIP 6.0 is an executable. You don't extract and place the files, you run it as a program and it installs itself. If you just extracted the files and didn't even place them all, you're obviously not going to have the full version of the mod.

If your download of AWIP is a .rar or .zip for some reason, try changing it to an .exe and running it.

3. dajuke

dajuke New Member

Well, I went back into where it all extracted after running the .exe file. It didn't seem to install itself, but after installing the patch1 file in the modules folder I figured what the heck and put the dat5 file where all the others (1-4) were. Now it seems to be working almost perfectly as far as I can tell. I see new portraits and backgrounds, all the items are refreshing in shop inventories, I have books telling me I have a successful install and see all the new places on the map.

The one odd thing is it's not letting me start without the disk. I thought I read in the changelog that the no CD fix was included, but it's no big deal for me to use my disk. I'm just afraid of the day it gets too scratched to play. I will cry on that day.

But for now, I am playing!

Oh, it seems when I am looking through the new backgrounds on character creation there is one background (i am not sure which one) that causes the game to crash every single time. However, as long as I skip that one everything runs fine.

4. DaneKoponen

DaneKoponen Member

Have you made sure you are running it will full permissions? If that doesn't help, consider extracting it onto a fresh install perhaps? It really *should* install itself- I've had no problems with it on 3 computers. It really sounds like you might wanna do a clean install anyways- I, for one, don't get the bugs you've described, and the No-CD works.

Our Host!