Some help is wanted for my upcoming mod !

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Wims, Jun 19, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. friartuck

friartuck New Member

I'd be glad to. I'll wait for the translation, though. Mon francais est epouvantable.

2. Crypton

Crypton Member

@Wims: Just to let you know, I resent the dialog files for Jack to friartuck, so I'll wait with the dubbing until the dialogs are corrected. :)

3. Wims

Wims New Member

Bhoo, ok my written English is not perfect, especially when it's about making stories and stuff. I'm much better at speaking... Also, there are probably some typos mistakes or absent-minded stuff like those Crypton pointed out.

But thank you Friartuck for the proofreading help. I would gladly send you all the dialogs tomorrow. :thumbup:

4. friartuck

friartuck New Member

Your English is great. It reads well, and you're telling a good story. I'm happy to proofread.

Crypton- I've sent the revised Jack files to Wims. If he approves the changes, one of us will send them on to you. :)

5. Wims

Wims New Member

I'll let you the honor to send them to him :)

6. friartuck

friartuck New Member

You've got it, Wims. I should have the whole set of dlgs back to you sometime this weekend.

7. Crypton

Crypton Member

@friartuck: Thank you for the files. :thumbup:

If I may ask, what editor were you using? Because the dialog files were saved with the UTF-8 encoding (instead of ANSI), and instead of ... (3 dots) there is always … (Ellipsis), but Arcanum can't handle that.

Anyway, I fixed the files, so it's not an issue anymore. Just letting you know... ;)

8. Nataku

Nataku Member

friartuck, thanks you for your help.

I doubt my english is better than your french... :/

9. friartuck

friartuck New Member

Good to know, thanks. Fixing that on the others now.

10. Crypton

Crypton Member

@Wims: I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I can't do the voice-over for the Jack. I've been trying for 5 days, but without any greater success.

The dialog is hard for me. I'm not fluent as much as native speaker, and I simply don't have a decent English accent. Everything I've recorded sounds unnatural, without a confidence, and as I was reading it, with a semi-russian accent.

Compared to friartuck's voice-over, my voice-over was simply too lame to be in the module.

Need a lot of time to practice, so please don't wait for me, and release the module without my voice-over. If I manage to make something good enough, I'll send it to you, so you can release it as patch.

Cheers :thumbup:

11. Wims

Wims New Member

Well, first the mod is far from finish. So you still get many months to do it. Then, let me listen at your voice please. I try to dub something and it was awful too even if my dubbing in French is pretty cool.

I wanna listen at a sample of your voice. Accents are cools!

12. Nataku

Nataku Member

:-? Holliae doesn't remember your dubbing was pretty cool :lol: (No, I'm kidding, you did a good work to that mod)

Our Host!