Vormantown: book on the ground

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Ironutz, Feb 28, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ironutz

Ironutz New Member

I just registered because I felt like discussing about Vormantown module;

Like you all, I'm an immortal fan of this game, old as fuck but just awesome. I've been lurking the forums for like 1-2 years, and I've been playing arcanum since 2003(then i stopped, but got back to it in 2006). But i'm not here to write down a textwall about the reasons why this game is so amazing, but rather to talk about the module Vormantown;

The mod is based on 3 quests, 1 for the dwarf, one for the elf, and one for that human in the house. It was quite hard, in my opinion, compared to the normal Arcanum mod, because you had to be able to face hard-hitting mobs coming in groups, with the help of an hopeless madam gunslinger(i rolled ogre with run.away.with.circus because i got mad after my tech dwarf got 1shot by a ghoul in the dwarf mine). Anyways, after you completed both quests, you returned to the house, got the two items from the dwarf and the elf, and completed the quest for Mr.Gnome lawyer or whatever he was.

If you talked to him again, you could insinuate something about weird things happening, since it was quite strange that an individual sent machines to elves, and magick beasts to dwarven. You could eventually describe the individual wearing a red *something*(I don't remember it anymore, time passed since i last played the mod) and being a limp. The man was like "ERRR YES WHO KNOWS WHO WAS HIM" and the story ended there.

Not happy with the ending, i noticed the locked doors, smashed them, and explored the last rooms, finding a book in a chest, and a book on the ground, talking about dwarven and elves, and about bringing balance between the two races.

The conclusion i have come to is that, the individual who attacked both dwarven and elves, did it on purpose to bring back a sort of balance between the two: they haven't to be in total war, but neither in total peace, and attacking dwarven with magick, and elves with technology, surely brought both leaders to think that the opposite side plotted the attack.

Of course this is more a movie i made, probably there is already a truth behind this and i wasn't able to find it anywhere(i used the search function to find posts related to vormantown, but didn't see anything related to the books), but what are your opinions about this? Is the Mr.Gnome the individual who attacked both dwarven and elves(since, being quite hold, he probably walked like a limp)? I would like you to know what you think, because the books picked up my interest.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

You haven't even finished the module.

You can present the evidence to the human guy and this will unlock the last dungeon, in the manor's basement. There's a cool Frankenstein-esque boss at the end.

3. Ironutz

Ironutz New Member

ok talked to the girl and the blacksmith, took a look at the painting, and the man eventually gave me the key. Melted that troll in 2 shots rofl

thanks, thought it was ended there and i was quite disappointed. Anyways, what have i to do in order to finish the "time" module? I explored the ruins, found the body of the mage(even tho a mechanical icon appeared) and got back to old joe, but he said the same thing. What have i to do to complete that module?

Thanks again

4. moonlight

moonlight Member

Hi, first of all welcome to the forum. second, surely if you have seen the mage's body then you should also find a scroll with him . just use it. :)

Our Host!