PROJECT: Bertland

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by RunAwayScientist, Feb 3, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RunAwayScientist

RunAwayScientist Member

2. Magitek

Magitek New Member

Sounds like a pretty epic project you've set yourself up for.

Have you ever played The Guild 2?
    If you haven't you might want to check it out, it's very moddable(full lua implementation), supports saving in multiplayer and features pretty much everything you've mentioned here! (though not too much on the storyfront)

One of the reasons I got interested in Arcanum in the first place was the flexibility, or at least the illusion of flexibility that Troika created, The Guild 2 is very similar to this.
    Unfortunately, just like Arcanum it has its own serious issues in multiplayer. (2-3 years later jowood still hasn't bothered to fix synchronization issues, though there are work-arounds.)

Arcanums setting + tech/magicka, however, is so much richer than TG2. You should still take a quick look into exploring TG2; it would cut down a stellar amount of work with your idea. An arcanum mod for TG2 would be pretty mindblowing also.

Sorry for the de-railment, your idea just seemed so compatible with TG2.

3. Magitek

Magitek New Member

Have you tried modding it before?
    Why choose the Arcanum engine over TG2 for your project?

4. Crypton

Crypton Member

I haven't read your post yet (too long), but I saw that preview video and I must say that it looks pretty awesome! It's pretty huge and detailed, a lot of fancy things and areas to explore, it brings me UO memories and I love it! Also I'm looking forward to play it one day.

Anyway, thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Edit: I just added your project to this list: http://arcanum.game-alive.com/forums/vi ... p=567#p567

5. Crypton

Crypton Member

Hi RAS,

are you still working on it? how it's going? do you have any newer version? could you please upload it? and how many gorillas does it take to change a light bulb? :thumbup:

6. Wims

Wims New Member

Is the project dead or did you resume your work ? The preview sounds very good !

7. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

8. Crypton

Crypton Member

Ah, really? that's a shame, because this module look very promising and I was looking forward to play it one day. :thumbup: Anyway, I'm still hoping that you'll finish it in near future :D

9. Crypton

Crypton Member

Huh. How it's going, if I may ask? :/ Seems kinda abandoned to me... please tell me that I'm wrong. :thumbup:

Our Host!