Some Problems with Car Arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Grakelin, Aug 2, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Hi all! I've had some trouble with Car Arcanum, and decided to post here. I realize that there are other Car Arcanum threads, but I didn't want to hijack them from people with entirely different questions than me.

Firstly, I'm 90% sure I've done everything right. Arcanum is patched to the most recent thing, I've installed Car Arcanum, and certain things (such as additional backgrounds, terrain changes at the crash site, and Virgil mentioning Althea) seem to work alright. I've also done some poking around on Chris Beddoes' site. Unfortunately:

-Althea never appears. I read somewhere that I should level up first, but still nothing. Is there something else I need to do as well?

-Wilhelmina's body is floating in a lake. Is this supposed to be that way?

-What's this all about? http://chris.terra-arcanum.com/?id=3 am I supposed to have run into her already?

-Is the assassin at the crash site supposed to not appear? Is there some bug that's preventing NPCs from appearing? D: I heard somewhere that there was supposed to be a halfling in the new cave, which there isn't. Charles Brehgo and Arbalah both seem to show up as per normal.

Sorry if my noobishness irritates you. D:

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

What you've got is a bad install on the Car-Arcanum side. This has happened to several people - to varying degrees.
    The best way to deal with it is to completely uninstall and start fresh. Sorry.

Judging by the link you had, I assume you're talking about the CAR. She is.... something else..... You encounter her much later in the game. (Or as soon as you force the Stringy Pete quests).

3. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Well, I'll try the re-install and see how it goes.

I was actually referring to this "Dungeon Master" that the website mentions in several places. I guess I should have been more clear in the question.

Thanks for the speedy reply, I'll try what you said. :)

EDIT: It works perfectly. :D Thanks!

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Glad I could help.

Normally, everyone asks about the CAR. Nice to meet someone with different interests.

5. EarlSaturday

EarlSaturday New Member

Wow, first post for three years... well, here goes:

I have exactly the same problems and I can't really figure out how to PROPERLY install. Please help?

Our Host!