A new french module

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Nataku, Sep 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello.
    I'm breaking a little the succession of feedbacks and bugs-reports to give you an exclusive image of the future 3.0 demo (in a very very long time).
    [​IMG]
    On that drawing, the first part of the 8th code will be written (obviously, it won't appear here :p) Will you find it in the 3.0 Demo ?

2. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello, I'm back with my column, "Trade secrets" 0:)
    [​IMG]
    It's hard to judge a book by its... bookstand :bunny:
    [​IMG]
    THIS character... is really, really sublime. For his "unreleased" animations, I had to create 145 frames (images). But the result is sooooo beautiful ! :booze:

3. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello ! Few weeks ago I was announcing some new spells (including Earthquake).
    I will now prove this wasn't a fake :thumbup: Here comes some (almost) exclusive screenshots of one of these spells !
    Obviously, the damages are really superior than the fireflash ones.
    Enjoy :D
    [​IMG]

4. Nataku

Nataku Member

[​IMG]

No time for rest ! Here comes the next trade secret, a statue :thumbup:

5. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hey !
    Here I come back !
    Some news from the players ?
    0:)

6. Leonidus

Leonidus Member

Sorry I put gaming on hold to move and get a new job. If I remember right I had stopped sometime after the mind of the criminal/prisoner and reached a puzzle with books and 9 bookstands or tables or something. The books names were still in french, so I'm thinking it's a word puzzle using the letters in the book names.

All of this still in the circle with an asylum.

Not sure when I'll get back to playing but should be between one month and two months.

Really like the way those flames look a few posts above.

7. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re:

Yes. Actually, I couldn't translate their names without changing all the letters on the table. So I decided to not translate them, and it bring a "french touch" :wink:

No matter, good luck with your new job :thumbup:

:bunny: Thanks

8. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Hey Nataku, I finally downloaded and played your mod and it is really amazing. The storyline is quite believable and these puzzles ect really cause the player to think!

I do have one problem though...
    After locating the prisoners, the two Intendants fight and the one tells you to wait outside by the main entrance. After leaving the castle I am unable to go back in (assuming this is supposed to happen). I've been waiting around for the Intendant by the entrance to the castle as well as looking around town however he is nowhere to be seen. Also the "locate the missing people" quest is not complete and the "investigate about the missing people" is complete.

All in all, I'm really enjoying your mod so far!
    (I also died 4 times within the first 2 minutes of gameplay. That captain is really harsh...)

9. Nataku

Nataku Member

:dead: Whaoo, another strange bug.
    You're supposed to go away (a little) from the castle and Boop is supposing telling something to you. And then something will happen. Didn't Boop talk to you ?
    And, another question : when you met him once again, was everything all right in the dialogue ? You found no bug ?
    Thanks

I'm not at home now so I can't check it before this week-end. I will give a try by myself.

I'm glad you played it ! 0:)
    I will try to solve it quickly.
    ;)

10. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Here's what I did. I couldn't find one of those chains to unlock one of the doors (found it now after loading a backup save though). Thinking I missed something, I ended up finding the grease and the crowbar and unlocked the door with the planks barring it. So I pretty much skipped a major part of the story (sneaking into the director's office ect.)

After finding the chain I missed (Those things are so hard to see lol) I'm playing through the stuff I somehow skipped. I'll let you know if I get the bug again!

Edit:
    Basically I got the bug by using unlocking cantrip on the one closet with the grease and I used it and the crowbar on the door barred by planks. Note that I did all this without even going through the lift / vents and sneaking into the director's office.

Made it to the puzzle with the 5 French books and the 9 tables. Been stuck here for the past 2 hours trying to solve the puzzle. Did a quick Google translate of the book titles in case I needed them. I'm not quite sure what the 3 sets of 3 letters are for (assuming a word scramble of some sort?). I tried translating them (yielding no results so I assume they are scrambled). Next I tried plugging the letters into a French word unscrambler which also didn't help.

I also tried using unlocking cantrip on the locked door but it wouldn't let me continue up the stairs. (even though it opened the door) Got any hints for me? lol

Edit Number 2:
    So I managed to make it passed the books due to and incredible amount of luck randomly guessing. I finished the rest of the asylum and I made it back to the 666th circle. This time all the scripts seem to have worked. I guess going to the closet and getting the grease and crowbar and skipping loads of the story caused the error I reported earlier.

Still enjoying myself whilist attempting to reach the ending of this great story!

11. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Well I finally finished the English demo and I gotta say its really fun. The story is very interesting and believable. I liked how every npc had a story about them which made you understand and connect with them more. The music and sounds also did an incredible job at adding to the feel of the mod.

When the 218th circle got shut down, even though I hated all those traps and puzzles and other hair ripping moments, I felt kind of sad to see the circle get shut down.

Some things to note:
    The English translation is very understandable however its not grammatically perfect. For example Alexie Eventide is refered to as both genders (she and his) instead of (she and her). As well as a few other minor spelling mistakes.
    Even though you remove picklocks from the game you still have access to the unlocking cantrip spell (not sure if this is deliberate although it makes the game a lot easier)
    I played as an archer and Boop always seemed to be between me and the enemy "protecting" the enemy from getting hit. Not too important as I normally told him to move via the quick key but I found it a little annoying.

I look forward to the completion of this mod! Keep up the good work!

12. Nataku

Nataku Member

Okay. Thanks for playing. I'm really really glad if everything was all right (except the bug you mentioned). The train is already done but it won't be translated because of the length of the dialogues.

I knew it is not perfect but it is a huge work.
    The problem with Evantide is that is can be a man if you make different choices, that should explain the error in her dialogue.

Okay, thanks for letting me know that bug, I will cancel that spell for the mod. I will mention it in the readme.
    It should be easy to do and solve a lot of bugs.
    FOR OTHER PLAYERS : PLEASE DO NOT USE UNLOCKING CANTRIP

I changed a lot of his physicals caracteristics to make him as "discreet" as possible but I know he is still tiresome...
    i don't think I can't manage him furthermore. :-(

To explain you how you were suppose to solve the books riddle, the letters in them titles (one word of the tittles) were shambled on the plaques (and some other false letter have been added). But I guess seeing these words in french is not easy for a english-speaker.
    I borrowed this riddle to Silent Hill 3.

Anyways. A big thanks for playing and for the feedback.
    See you

13. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hello guys.
    I've been quite long this time, but I fixed the unlocking cantrip matter. Actually, I needed the spell.mes file in english to fix and I got it.
    Unlocking cantrip became Debilitation, which stuns the target in no save is succeed (based on the target's dexterity, and not its willpower).
    The Add-On are yet corrected, and the complete 1.6 demo is uploading.
    If some of you want to download it, changing from 1,51 demo to 1.6 will not create any bugs, it will just change the "forbidden" unlocking cantrip spell to a usefull spell.
    Thanks for playing :D

14. Nataku

Nataku Member

Hey people...
    Long, long time ago since my last message but... I'm back with great news. :
    This is the description of the first video I made about CrossRoad :bunny:
    1) It will change you of screenshots
    2) It shows you my last days work : create 3D in Arcanum.

Enjoy...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru2Kh2N-AvY

15. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

I'm sorry to say that I haven't played CrossRoad for some time, as I never re-installed it after formatting my hard drive.

I remember one bug though, but you might have fixed it since then. Anyway:

After returning from the soul safari (taking pics of dead guys) you have to return all equipment to your employers. If you lie to them (claim that you haven't all items in your inventory; which players very well might do if they want to save before proceeding) there is no option to return the items the next time you talk to them. You are then locked out from any further progress.

Compliments on the 3D; I'm actually surprised to be the first one commenting on this. How does it work? Do you actually have an additional layer of tiles or is it just a normal crossroad with barriers that move depending on the direction you're approaching from? And how does it work with combat and AoE? Can someone underneath the bridge still hit someone atop of it and can grenades (or fireflash or whatever) damage targets regardless of where they're positioned in regards to height? Can you add range for a marksman on an elevated position and, I don't know, lower TH for anyone targeting said marksman?

16. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re:

I never heard this before and never fixed something like that. I will give it a look quickly. Thanks

There is two tricks actually :
    -The bridge, to be a on "swamp", is composed of flat sceneries. But this is not the point. When you go under, there are other sceneries, non-flat, which appear and cover the player/npcs. (They appear thanks to a "change art" script)
    -There are no permanent tiles blocks, but some containers (wich create tiles blocks). They disappear when you approach from the bridge and then, two rows of containes (of the four rows) appear, according to the direction you come from.
    No, if someone is underneath, the unflat scenery will mask everyone. And yes, a grenade don't make difference between atop and underneath.
    There is two solution : if the PC is upside and a npc downside, then it's possible to use, not a flat art, but a really low art, then the player will walk on it. The art of the npc had to be modified to be lower. The other solution is to use the flat bridge, and for the npc a eye candy in B.
    If the PC is downside, the NPC's art can be make higher than the bridge, are can be an eyecandy (the better solution).
    If you don't use the eye candies, the matter is that the npc is not at the right place : the art will appear on the brige/below it, but the npc will be far.
    But if you use eyes candies, the npc shouldn't be attack/neither attack (it's a good solution for CrossRoad, because the npc in town are invulnerable.
    It's possible. Because I use global flags to knows if pc is atop or underneath, I can give him a bonus or a malus, but I don't know if we can modify range with an effect (I think not).

17. Nataku

Nataku Member

Ooops, I remember just now, I haven't gave a try for the mentioned bug.
    But I was working on something :p A (really) little teaser ?
    Okay... In the next demo, Boop will be able to fly :D
    You don't believe me ? Take a look at this :
    [​IMG]
    So ? Was I lying ? :lol:

18. Nataku

Nataku Member

Re: Re:

Done. Thanks you very munch reporting that bug (which existed in the french demo too).
    Now it's fixed, and an Add-on is available on the Google Drive folder.
    The entire, fixed, english demo will be re-uploaded tommorow because of the coming night (yes, I'm french ^^).

19. Nataku

Nataku Member

Some news ? Okay...
    Yesterday night, a new statue was created, once again... :D
    (Final scenery in the inferior left corner)
    [​IMG]

20. Chaoswizard98

Chaoswizard98 Member

Just played through the mod again, this time without using unlocking cantrip. This time I played as a mage just buying spells that I needed at the time. I ended up using harm and heal near the start and mainly used an entangle / firewall combo. Near the end I started blasting the spirits with disintegrate.

As a mage I found myself always out of mana and waiting on it to recharge. I didn't see a shop that sold mana potions either >.<

*at the banshee*
    Chaos: Ok, I got this...*saves game*
    Chaos: Die Banshee!!!! *casts disintegrate*
    Banshee: *disintegrate immune*
    Chaos: Oh crud...
    *15 attempts later*
    Chaos: *casts firewall twice then spams heal*

*impatiently holding his train ticket to limbo* Just curious, how big are the dialogues for limbo? I was thinking about using google translate so I could play that part if time allowed.

Anyways keep up the great work!

Our Host!