Do you want me to leave?

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Smuelio, Mar 8, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do you want me to leave?

1. Yes - I know for an American Fact that you are HWLFP and I hate you

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - even if you aren't HWLFP, I still don't want you here

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

Certain very vocal people around here are convinced I am HWLFP, and I've been banned once, and had two posts deleted because of it. Fortunately for you, I have a very forgiving nature. However, I am starting to wonder whether it is worth staying or not, because if you're all 100% convinced that I'm someone you hate, there is no point sticking around, really.

So vote.

2. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Don't care. Never cared. But you sure seem to care a lot.

3. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

Yes, that's always been my problem. I'm too caring.

4. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I just don't like you regardless of if you're HWLFP or not. Though I still think you are.

5. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

Yes, but I didn't ask whether or not you liked me, I asked whether or not you wanted me to leave. After all, nobody really likes anyone else around here, but you all hang around insulting each other regardless. In fact it's the whole point of the forum - it says it right up there under the name. "The House Of Lords - Where dicks and assholes trade shit".

Why else would I want to join in?

6. Rex

Rex New Member

I don't care really, but enlighten me... What THE **** is hwlfp?

7. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

HWLFP is the codename for a Catch-22 that the forum members use to ban new people. The logic goes like this:

- If you troll the forum, you are HWLFP.
    - If you don't troll the forum, you are setting us up to be trolled later, and therefore you are HWLFP.

Any knowledge of HWLFP is used against you as evidence that you are HWLFP. Conversely, ignorance of HWLFP will be used as evidence of trolling, since anyone could find out what it is by simply searching the forum.

In other words, you are clearly HWLFP for asking the question. Bye!

8. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. Zanza trolled the forum for a long time, and was even part of the reason one of the older forum members decided to leave, but he is not suspected of being mr HWLFP (alias Steampunk, Hellbokos, etc). It's your style that betrays you, really. You have a very distinct way of writing (and behaving on the forum in general). It's becoming increasingly easy to spot you.

So, that said, please piss off once and for all you attention craving son of a bitch.

9. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

Right. Because with only 6 billion people in the world, it's impossible for two of them to have similar writing styles.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

What's an 'American' fact, exactly? Is that like Creationism?

ps, Hear! Hear! Wolfsbane, nicely said.

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You were banned for a reason. I deleted two of your posts because, as a moderator, I attempt to moderate discussion on the forum; deleting your posts before anyone could respond to them was moderation. Unfortunately, I cannot be on the forum 24/7, so your posts inevitably lasted until they could be read and to which replied. You might not be him. But you certainly make a difficult case for yourself, what with the snappy one liners and the persistence with which you troll the forum. You're uncannily similar to him, to our collective chagrin, and while we welcome new forumers to the board, we don't like him. Even if you're not him, he posted thinking you were a copy cat. What does that say about you?

12. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

Yes, almost exactly. Americans are fond of saying things like "Evolution is a THEORY, not a FACT", which implies there is some other level of factitude that only Americans know about. It's better than a normal fact, it's an American fact.

Another characteristic of an American fact is that they are reinforced, rather than weakened, by evidence to the contrary. e.g. "I don't care about your fossil evidence because EVOLUTION IS NOT A FACT." Or "Even though you use a static IP instead of a dynamic one like HWLFP, that is EXACTLY THE KIND OF TRICK HE WOULD PULL."

Nothing can stand in the way of an American Fact.

13. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

What reason? I didn't break any forum rules.

14. Grossenschwamm

You just did. You double-posted. That's not why you were banned though. You were banned for being guilty by association. Like Philes had said, you could be posting via a proxy server, meaning your cries of innocence mean nothing. As he who loves frigo's pictures, you've gravedug, convinced me of your death, and come back to life to spite me. You also troll every goddamn thing on the forum. Thing is, he has pulled this trick in the past, and you may indeed be a victim of circumstance, though your manner of posting is REALLY not helping your case.

15. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Not impossible, but highly improbable to meet 2 such people on a forum dedicated to semi-obscure games (admit it) with few active members.

tl;dr you ain't foolin' nobody.

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Nice one, Gross, but as a well-wishing by-stander may I advise you to stop engaging with the sociopath?

17. Grossenschwamm

I'm posting in response on the off chance that it's actually an innocent.

18. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Creationism is not exclusive to America. There are nearly a billion Hindus that believe in Creation, as well as many many Muslims that believe anything not written in the Koran is false and therefore are geocentrists, creationists, believe in a flat world, etc. I've seen just as many middle eastern Muslims say "Evolution is a theory, not a fact" as I have American evangelists.

19. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

As an hindu, I find that generalisation offensive.

20. Smuelio

Smuelio New Member

As an English speaker, I find the first 'N' in "An hindu" offensive.

Anyway, it seems to me that what you're all saying is that if I do want to post here, I should create a new account and fake a different writing style so that nobody realises it's me. The problem with that is - that's exactly what trolls do. You're basically saying that in order not to be thought a troll, I should behave exactly like one. It's absurd.

Our Host!