"Readme? Ha! I spit on your readme!"

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by DingDong09, Oct 8, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

I don't know if this is a problem with this patch or with the game in general but I have just gotten to the vendigroth ruins and after killing so many spiders, about 20-30 I begin to crash out of the game if I , or my followers attack another Arachnix or spider.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This could happen if you have incorrectly installed the level cap remover, that is, you haven't put the extended XP table into the 'data\rules' folder.

3. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

That sounds like a reasonable explanation however I never installed a level cap remover, should I? Your explanation is reasonable btw, I am only 1000 XP away from lvl 50.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hm, have you installed the official patch BEFORE installing the UAP? If there's no file named Arcanum4.dat in your Arcanum folder, then you haven't.

5. DingDong09

DingDong09 New Member

I recall that I followed a guide, the game also says that it is 1.0.7.2 but judging by the lack of Arcanum4.dat, so apparently no I have not and I have been playing the game fine till now.

Is there any way to fix this?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Make a clean reinstall, install the official 1.0.7.4 patch, then the UAP.

Even the installer says that you need the official patch first, Jesus Christ, people, how hard can this be?!

Our Host!