An Interesting Project Eternity Website

Discussion in 'Vault of Folly' started by Jojobobo, Nov 8, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

So trying to find new stuff about Project Eternity, I stumbled upon a new game review website called My Lazy Sundays that states it will have regular "insider information" about the game. The interview is found here: [LINK REMOVED, adult content + site will not let you leave immediately. - Flick] (I thought I'd list the link in full after all of Smuel and Muro's recent shenanigans). Turns out that the Orlan are going to have more of a technological focus, and Tim Cain mentions what elements of Arcanum he's incorporating into the game. Pretty interesting stuff, check it out.

2. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I meatspin what you did there.

3. Jojobobo

Ha! I was wondering if anyone clicked on that, but no one else owned up. If someone had commented saying something along the lines of "God that's terrible" I'd have replied that "Yeah, Pete Burns' music is pretty bad", but as no one mentioned it I presumed it went unnoticed.

Regardless the Project Eternity interview was pretty interesting, no?

4. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

Except for Avast going all crazy over that site, shouting: "BEWARE OF TURKISH PONIES"...

Honestly, I didn't go any further. Not a big fan of having a pony infested computer.

5. Jojobobo

That's weird, seems to work fine on my end. I think it's pretty much a brand new domain - maybe they haven't got all the kinks ironed out yet.

6. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I'm curious to see what's behind that link, but I have a strong sense that I should not click on it at work.

7. Jojobobo

Re:

They're going fine, I can almost reach 10mph on my 6-speed now. Also if you're going to post something horrible inappropriately Yuki then at least post the (link removed by Jojobobo) properly, Jesus!

EDIT: Also...
    What?! I can't believe these scandalous lies! The only reason the site would "not let [me] leave immediately" is because I was so enraptured by its engrossing and interesting content.

8. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Sorry about the links, Xz. Only trying to express my displeasure over Jojobobo's mere presence.

9. Jojobobo

Re:

It's nice to know you care. I'm also sorry, I guess I didn't really think before I posted the link that it was the kind of material that would fall under the NSFW announcement - regardless of it being a link to something external.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The links, in question were links to sites containing malware, that is viruses and trojans. The NSFW announcement had nothing to do with them. NSFW content is OK so long as it is not embedded.

The first link removed by Herr Flick, promted the user for confirmation before exit. This in combination with the NSFW content making sounds, made for an exception to the rule of external things being OK.

11. Jojobobo

I didn't realise that the link of Yuki's I corrected, or the first link I posted had viruses or trojans (when you mentioned malware previously I thought you were referring to the fact that it "disrupted computer operation" - from the malware wiki page - by not letting you easily navigate away, not that it had viruses of trojans) as they weren't flagged by McAfee on my system. For the modified link of Yuki's, I just changed it to the working form which I found after a quick internet search without looking to deeply into what it did and then I didn't click on it myself - admittedly a dumb thing to do. I wouldn't knowingly try and infect people's computers - it goes without saying that's not cool.

12. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I don't think anyone was trying to infect people's computers. And hopefully no one is stupid enough to click suspect links without having taken the proper security measures.

Vaulted.

Our Host!