Roleplaying discussion - discussion.

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by ytzk, Nov 10, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

In this game we discuss roleplaying ourselves discussing a roleplay game.

By my calculations, this will result in 25 x the usual number of rpg posts.

E.g., I'm thinking about starting to begin to commence to proceed towards writing a post in which I ask you guys what you all think of a character concept. What do you guys think about that?

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I think that's a good idea, but first shouldn't we think about ourselves discussing the setting? I mean, regardless of setting my hypothetical self would naturally want to a play a fire-breathing purple dragon with green laser eyes as I'm crying out to show people how unique and ironic I am, but I guess in some settings that might just be silly - so I probably might think of leading with something along the lines of "Hey, what's the setting?"

Of course that's if that isn't treading on anyone's toes? I don't want to be too forward and over-inflate my role when we finally get round to playing ourselves discussing a roleplaying game.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty cool, jjbb.

I guess I'd probably take a poll of which settings who wants and then choose a compromise which satisfies noone, except possibly those people who stop playing immediately anyway.

What do you guys think of that?

4. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

I remember my first beer. I was angry at the world as well.

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Since nothing else is going on, okay, have some attention, Zanza.

What are you talking about?

Firstly, Im not angry at all. It is irony and whimsy.

Secondly, I dont drink at all. I'm not an angry drunk, nor even particularly obnoxious, but at least 90% of people are, so I eschew alcohol as a fool's game. You'll see what I mean when you work the beat. Most of your day will be cleaning up drunken violence.

Besides, this is a meta-meta-game. You should have phrased your contribution like this:

"I'm going to post five times about how I can't play, then another five times to remind you that I'm not contributing, but first I'm going to shit in my hands and fling it at my keyboard for attention. What do you guys think about that?"

6. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

You were never encouraged much as I child were you?

7. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

No, once again your randomly flung shit doesn't stick but Im beginning to appreciate your technique.

Your herpes must be flaring up because you seem very miserable for someone who never stops masturbating.

This is fun, isn't it?

8. Chad32

Chad32 New Member

I'd be interested in playing an RP in Arcanum. Basically the same as in the game, except maybe have guns be more realistically powered and other details like that. I'm not so great at leading an RP with an interesting story, but I'd be happy to participate if someone started one. Maybe we go along the story, maybe not. I prefer a posting speed of at least a few times a week. As far as fights and such goes, I'm used to deciding if something makes contact with my character, and letting someone else decide if my attack hits them. I say I swing my sword, but they say if it connects. It generally turns out better than someone saying they chopped my character's arm off.

9. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

So much hypocrisy in your comments. I haven't had this amount of fun since Caity.

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Im flattered, and I think I'm learning how to keep you hard all day.

1) acknowledge you and 2) react to you.

Now, because I am not unkind, I will insult you once more but if you don't climax this time you'll have to finish yourself off.

Zanza, I honestly believe that you are a bad person and that's why I don't like you.

I know you prefer vulgarity but I have a headache, maybe tomorrow.

11. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Maintaining good hygiene, taking time to vote and working a job to earn a living doesn't make me a bad person.

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

No, I would never say that it does and, on reflection, I don't think your heart is in the wrong place either, but I can only speculate about that.

I still don't like you though, since you come across as an unthinking arsehole at best and an arrogant bully at worst.

But hey, I acknowledge that my problem with you is my problem and your problems are yours. Peace man.

P.S. I am actually sorry for my insults, however much you may have enjoyed or deserved them. I also apologise to the forum in general for my acerbic vulgarity.

13. Jojobobo

So... roleplaying ourselves discussing a roleplaying game is off the cards then? Dang.

14. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Why don't you play the new nation game, jojobobo? It would be good to see you what you come up with.

Excuse me for stealing thunder from the new thread, wolf. Elven points of interest is an intriguing idea.

I am just waiting to see who will contribute and who will "contribute" before I decide.

16. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

No prob. I'm liking this thread so far - even the metathread got derailed :p

17. Jojobobo

Re:

I would, but I doubt I'd contribute enough right now which would just frustrate others. There's also other things I want to being doing now as I've just finished a tedious assignment where I had to put things I wanted to do on the back-burner, such as books I've been waiting for an opportunity to read and playing various games on top of Nataku's new Arcanum demo. One day though, I will get round to playing in one of these.

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Well, see, one of the hidden messages in this satirical thread is that you have already done more creative writing in one page of discussing discussion than actually goes in to the average game.

"I am a wizard, I cast fireball at your mum."

See how easy that is? But for every one page of impromtu theatre there are five pages of reality tv.

19. Jojobobo

You've sold me, I with my lack of a tv license am definitely a fiend for reality tv.

No, if you look at your One Hundred Thousand Years Ago or So thread considerably more investiture goes into it than "I am a wizard, I cast fireball at your mum" and more to the point if I was going to play I would want to invest some time into it for my own satisfaction; sure I could lazily contribute, but I'd get more enjoyment reading a thread that I wasn't besmirching with my half-arsed efforts than one where I was participating but crappily so.

20. werozzi

werozzi Member

Seems fun!

I'll join and post a bit of content, right?

Then, after a while every other poster starts losing interest in this story, however, it is most likely that either ytzk or me keeps posting 'till the thread is crawling and dying, and at least, there will be that one post, the final one.

Alone.

Forgotten by all.

And the thread will be abandoned.
    The forumites will move to a more fertile soil, another thread.

And once everything's over, the thread will receive one last visitor; Wolfsbane, arguing that he had no time to play but now he can and will.

Rinse and repeat.

Our Host!