Star Wars Western

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jan 14, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Yul's Cantina, Mos Vespas, Tatooine
    [​IMG]

The bar was thick with smoke, smells, noise and people. At first glance the people in the place all looked very different; all sorts of species from all sorts of places. But when you leaned a little closer, you saw them for what they really were. They were all the same, these people. On the inside. Tatooine, and even more precisely Yul's in Vespas, attracted just that kind of people. That certain kind of people who could, and probably would, shoot you if you looked at them funny. The kind of people who'd kill you for nothing but good sport if they could get away with it. It was a wolf den if there ever was one.

The door slid open with a hiss, revealing a lone traveller in the doorway. A sandstorm was blowing outside, making the travellers cloak thrash in the strong wind. A few people turned their heads towards the entrance, looking at the person there, some out of curiosity, other out of boredom. Having swept the saloon with its gaze, the traveller stepped inside and the door slid shut behind it, leaving the storm and the noise it'd made outside. Most people went back to what they'd been doing before, but a few cautious ones remained frosty. The traveller, masked with rags which covered its face, made its way towards the center bar. One individual stepped in front of it, blocking the way. A blaster was brandished on the hip of the traveller, and the thug went on his way. After having slowly unwrapped her face, Jaden ordered a drink from the barman. I'm looking for a man, she said, suddenly. Well, darling, I'm for hire if you've got the cash, the barman said, a slightly mocking tone in his voice. Jadens expression didn't change as she continued. His name is Bossna. From what I've heard, he's a regular here. The barman raised an eyebrow. Oh really? he said, without looking up, and where did you hear that? Jaden caught the barmans gaze and held it. That, she said with a firm voice, is none of your business. Blinking thrice before answering, the barman said Ah. Yes. None of my business. I see. Jaden, still holding his gaze, pressed on. Exactly. And I would appreciate it if you could tell me where to find this man. Again, it took the barman a few moments to answer. That's easy, he said, pointing a finger at a metallic double door at the back of the cantina, He's on the second floor. Only for hotshots. They won't let you in. Shooting him a smile, Jaden told the barman that was her problem and emptied her glass. Thanks for the info and drink, she said, winking at the barman. Looking at her go, he suddenly felt as if he'd just woken up from some sort of dream. He couldn't remember what had happened the last few seconds... only that some girl had been asking him about something. But what the heck, it probably wasn't important anyway.

Jaden made her way towards the elevator doors, trying her very best not to step on anybodys toes. The last thing she wanted was trouble. It didn't look like she'd get into any anytime soon if she kept it up like this, but she had a bad feeling about the whole mission just the same.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

3B6 was not welcome in taverns and had opted for the next best thing: A hacked storage garage near the spaceport.

Currently, he was jacking a hapless power droid up against the wall, refreshing himself.

*donk!*

3. werozzi

werozzi Member

Makarii crossed his arms over his chest. Suddenly a burping sound came out of his throat, he turned his head to the wall. He played with the empty glass as he discretely zoomed his right eye upon a young lady sitting at the bar. As much as discreet as he wanted to be, the lady must had felt his gaze, because as he looked at her she turned her head and smiled.
    -Man, look at those legs! Too bad of her missing ear, but i can't be that picky, Right? On war times every hole is a trench! - Thought Makarii as he had a small chuckle.
    Suddenly, a cloaked stranger opened the door, letting some sand inside. As she uncovered her face, Makarii almost choked on his meat jerky, she was like the women he liked; fragile looking yet strong.
    The stranger exchanged a few words with the barman, many times they pointed in Makarii's direction, so as she ended the talk he was already removing the dust off his coat and wiping clean his lips.
    Not noticing the guarded door behind him, when the mysterious girl was almost at his right, he cleared his throat and spoke:
    -Come 'ere babe, have a seat.-

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

There's normally nothing but hot days on Tatooine, especially during Double Noon. Even so, This day seemed unusually hot - either that, or Sheddic was unusually pissed. Either way, the "normally" mummifying heat in Mos Vespas seemed to grate at the hutt's psyche.

He'd just been chewed out by the more successful extensions of the Vran'Dusid clan during a conference call, mainly over how little he cared for the burgeoning commercial empire being erected by his siblings. They didn't actually need him; they were doing fine on their own, but just dug at him for his lack of body fat and indentured servants/belly dancers.

Perhaps had he not been wearing the over-sized robes over his body as he hovered through the streets to Yul's Cantina, he'dve been slightly less uncomfortable. He felt as though he was steaming in the usually breathable covering he used to protect his body from the potent suns this planet orbited.

As the sled slowed near the entrance, he shed the robe from his body and placed it in his back pack while slithering to the ground.

He normally reserves a booth for himself at the cantina. Otherwise, he'd have nowhere to sit. Though he always heads to the bar first to order whatever poison he'd like to punish his liver with that day. Today, however, he also punished the fellow patrons' nostrils on the way to the barman.

<A bottle of Krayt Piss.>

Krayt Piss was a type of moonshine well known for its ability to clean pod-racer engines, and cause drunkenness - it also contained ground up dragon pearls. While a potent beverage, Sheddic wasn't drinking it because he had a bad day. It had a side effect of making him smell less awful by making him sweat ethyl alcohol.

5. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Come 'ere babe, have a seat.

Jaden, who'd been focused completely on the door in front of her, looked up with a start. She immedietly spotted the man who'd spoken to her; he wasn't hard to miss. He was leaning back on a chair, his legs spread wide. A very typical masculine pose, in public. Jaden cursed herself for not seeing him before. The master always said to be mindful of her surroundings. Clearly, she still had much to learn. Then again, she thought, this might play to my favour. She gave him a measuring look from top to toe, making sure to pause a little when she passed the middle, and gave him a crooked smile. Maybe later, handsome, she said and winked. I've got some business to take care of first. She started to walk past him, and stopped just as she was next to him, apparently hesitating. Or, you know, she said with an uncertain voice, maybe you'd like to come with me? I've never been upstairs before, never met those kind of people, and to tell the truth I'm kind of nervous. Maybe you'd like to come with me? Make sure noone tries anything? She fluttered her eyelashes and gently touched his arm. I'd really appreciate it, she whispered, I really would.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Having sated his needs, 3B6 left the garage with a spring in his step and not just because his legs were built that way.

After scanning the encypted commlink channels, overhearing the most softly whispered conversations and lipreading alien lips in over seven million forms of communication for years, he had finally landed the big one. The location of a crashed ship containing an unnamed treasure. Whatever it was, it was valuable enough to buy him a ticket off this sandblasted hellhole, to a real planet, with air conditioning, oil baths and static dust traps. Somewhere where droids could walk into a tavern without needing a blaster.

Speaking of which, he knew just the business partner for a gem like this: a Hutt, of course, but not too fat - fiscally or physically - to consider making a deal with a mere droid, or travelling into the deep desert. Checking the safety catch on his blaster at his hip and tilting his hat back to allow full sensor coverage, 3B6 enters Yul's Cantina, a wretched hive of scum and villainy if ever there was one.

The band faltered and stopped playing. Dozens of hostile eyes followed the droid as he stalked to the bar, his steel heels clicking on the steel floor. Hey! We don't want your kind around here! A drunken villain growled. 3B6 ignored him and kept walking, he had seen his contact at a booth. A Hutt was hard to miss. Hey! I'm talking to you, droid! The drunk grabbed at 3B6's arm and found himself staring into a blaster muzzle. He gulped. No-one can quickdraw like a droid. You can sit back down and go back to your drink, sir. 3B6 was not looking at the man, but his targeting never wavered. His sensors extended all around his skull. Or you can die.

7. Grossenschwamm

Sheddic's huge reptilian eyes focused in on the commotion once the music had stopped. It took a reasonably serious infraction to cause the cantina bands to stop playing - but it was nearly always something involving a blaster. Today's flavor of offense via blaster had a strong hint of droid.

The hutt took a draw from the hookah at his table, and let out a hearty laugh.

<Ho ho ho...Droid, you know as well as I do you're not the only one in here with a blaster. And I know as well as you do that I'm the one you're looking for, because why else would a droid walk into Yul's Cantina ready to shoot some holes into the first drunk that gave him trouble?

Did my big brother finally decide to make good on his threats...>

Hutts were known to be rather cocky, especially when not concerned for their own safety.

If anything, Sheddic had decided to make this a good day. The droid would have to be more than quick with his blaster to do any real damage to the hutt. The plasma bolts would sting, but not much more than that.

Slithering from the booth, he readied his blaster and engaged his force pike.

<...or is there something you just have to tell me?>

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Imana bobata bitu, Sheddic* I'm here to do business with you Shooting holes in drunks is entirely incidental. He turned his insectile face to the offending barfly, who wisely backed down. On Tattooine, Hutt business trumped anti-droid prejudice every time.

Ilanu bota mitu naka, san maka erlu na bantha pudu* I'm here with a golden business opportunity, something to make you very rich, no bullshit.

9. werozzi

werozzi Member

I'd really appreciate it, she whispered, I really would..
    That made it, for the first time in a while a girl had come close and touched Makarii, of course, without getting paid or politely asked at gunpoint. For the first time someone had gazed into those black marble eyes, without a real sign of fear. And it felt good.
    Dammit, Khreego leaves this town in two hours, if i let him escape again the boss gonna take my privileges! Though Makarii as he pinched his chin. But hell, curse me if i ever get another chance like this, maybe this can even lead to another life. he thought as he stood up, next up he took her from the hip and walked towards that door. He did not knew how to access it, but he got close enough and with a swift cyber-hand move, he broke open the lock, without anyone noticing.
    Ladies first.

10. Grossenschwamm

Re:

The droid responded with nothing short of a brilliant offer; Imana bobata bitu, Sheddic* I'm here to do business with you Shooting holes in drunks is entirely incidental.

Ilanu bota mitu naka, san maka erlu na bantha pudu* I'm here with a golden business opportunity, something to make you very rich, no bullshit.

<Hmmm...it's rare to see a protocol droid with such a variety of...skills - and good business sense. I'm all ears for your offer.>

Sheddic holstered his weapons and motioned toward the droid, saying;

<Let's speak of this further in my booth - > He raised his voice, and called out to the band < - And I enjoy music when I confer with business associates!>

The cantina band resumed playing, and it seemed everyone did their best to avoid looking in the direction of Sheddic and his metallic company.

Our Host!