Equivocal Kings (arcanum rp) - Discussion

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Nona Gale, Sep 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Nona Gale

Nona Gale New Member

Hello there,

I've been wanting to write the (mis)adventures of a band of unlikely heroes (felons, failed businessmen, crackpots, beggars, prostitutes, fools, aged heroes fallen from their fallen glory, etc) in an arcanum setting.

Anyone share an interest in that?

I could provide a basic setting/continued story development if need be, but I'd be more then happy to let the tale take on a life of its own.

------

Tightly upholstered leather squeaked obnoxiously behind the hunched spine of a scoliosis stricken gnome, withered and frail beyond his years. The shrill protests to his stately office chair were only slightly less disconcerting then the the thick lime-tinted bile gathering at the corners of the two orchish-looking guards flanking his monumental desk carved from solid menacing gold-veined black marble. The stone faced city guards opposite the gnome remained unfazed, in fact a thinly veiled irritation bubbled beneath the pale flesh of their mutton-chopped captain whom took the liberty of taking an intimidating stride toward his squirming host.

"I'll pose the question one last time, Dr. Noxworth, and need I remind you there will be stern consequences should your response be anything but accurate and forthright in its entirety." The captain spoke in a low from behind the rippling curtain of his mustache.

The gnome doctor stared up from his marble bunker, jaw gaping, red sweaty brow furrowed, beady black eyes wide with desperation, until finally he crumbled. "How could I have known?!" The plea erupted from the bottom of his heaving chest as his gaze shifted desperately between the guards. "Honestly - how could anyone have know?! Look me in the eye - anyone of you and tell me you would have guessed that wretched pit-bred rabble from the ass-end of a dying kingdom would have played in this bloody disaster!"

The Captain held the gnome, still trembling in his anger, in a long unwavering stare. A subtle nod cued his lutenant to bring him a chair, which he lowered in to with slow deliberate ease.

"Well, Doctor, let's hear it from the beginning."

---

The first story will be The Battle for Blackroot. Should there be enough interest, more chapters can follow, but this one will place the group at the heart of struggle for Blackroot's loyalties, presently wavering between Tarrant and Cumbria. The groups actions will also have an impact on good/evil and the prevalence of magic/technology.

The story will take place in the same time/setting as the game, but will have alternate events and won't include the main story line of the game. Feel free to NPC characters from the game, but please do so for the purpose of minor cameos.

To join the game please make a character sheet (from the guidelines thread):

Race - Orc, Elf, Troll, Goblin etc....
    Alignment - Good or Evil?
    Aptitude - Tech or Magic?
    Spells - Teleportation, Fire college, Water college etc....?
    Skills - Lockpick, prowl, pickpocket etc...?
    Weapon(s) Used - Bow and Arrow, Firearms, Axe, Venemous Sword?
    Age - Old, young?
    Physical Description - Tall, short, hair colour, eyes... All the usual guff.
    Alliance - Tarant. Cumbria, other
    Race - Human with unknown quantities of gnome blood
    Alignment - Good (well, she tries)
    Aptitude - Tech
    Spells - None
    Skills - Lockpick, prowl, pickpocket
    Weapon(s) Used - Bow and Arrow, Firearms, dagger
    Age - looks 19, is 28
    Physical Description - A small pallid unimpressive thing with wild near-white hair and alabaster skin.
    Alliance - Tarant. Cumbria, other
    Starting position - prisoner, guard, bystander, other (please specify)

For those of us who are in the original rounds of posts, we'll be starting in and around the Derholm pits. You can be a prisoner, bystander, or guard bored out of his skull

2. werozzi

werozzi Member

I'm in, just add a background and you got me.

3. Nona Gale

Nona Gale New Member

4. Nona Gale

Nona Gale New Member

Abessinia Kent

Race - Human with unknown quantities of halfling blood
    Alignment - Good (well, she tries)
    Aptitude - Tech
    Spells - None
    Skills - Lockpick, prowl, pickpocket
    Weapon(s) Used - Bow and Arrow, Firearms, dagger
    Age - looks 19, is 28
    Physical Description -
    [​IMG]
    A human looking girl of runt stature with wild near-white hair and alabaster skin. She has large expressive blue eyes, small lips, and a thin wrinkle to the right of her mouth from perpetually smirking. Her body bares the signs of a hard life - rough hands with short, chipped nails and the occasional scar littering her forearms. Her wiry body is wrapped in form fitting furs and rags. She looks every part the weathered street urchin and smells of fires and leather.
    Alliance - other
    Starting position - prisoner

Our Host!