Discussion for The Lords of Skyrim

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Wolfsbane, Jun 4, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

An Introduction:

The "The Lords of X" games are sort of a tradition here at HoL. In these games, we try as best we can to create and play a character that has something in common with our forum avatar, name or personality, (within the fiction of the game of course). We then play that character in a pre-defined setting (Arcanum, Fallout, Skyrim) or in a setting of our own (TLo: Sol, The Return of a Lord). For example, DE has previously played (can you guess?) dark elves. Grossenschwamm has played giant lizards (or other big, green monsters). I've played as cows.

Skyrim

[​IMG]

This time, our story will take place in the land of Skyrim. Skyrim is the northernmost province of the Tamrielic Empire in the Elder Scrolls universe. It is a land of ice, steel and blood. For more info on the setting, check out Bethesdas wiki on the subject or play the game.

Speaking of which; we will borrow most (if not all) of our lore and setting from the PC game. Our story will take place one year before the Dragonborn is taken to Helgen fort. The High King Toreg has just been slain by Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak, marking the beginning of the Stormcloak rebellion against the Empire. According to the lastest news, the famous General Tullius has been assigned to quench the uprising and is currently on his way north from Cyrodiil. People all over Skyrim are divided and worried about the future. War is brewing in the north.

Your characters can come from any walk of life and from wherever you please in Tamriel. The characters should be spectacular but not overly powerful. You can be famous, infamous or completely unknown. All of this is at your discretion.

You can both sign up for the game and post your character in this thread. All OOC talk will be limited to this thread as usual.

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

This is me signing up. Watch this space for character profile once I jump in the game to refresh my memory of options.

3. Wolfsbane

Here's my character bio while we wait:

ARNGEIR WOLFSBANE

Race: Nord
    Background: Arngeir was born and raised by his mother and father on a small farm just outside Solitude. His early life was simple, tough and without much excitement; feed the animals, tend to the crops, clean the house, and he would have grown up to be just another farmer if it hadn't been for the bards college. It just so happened that the farm he lived on was built where the road from Solitude was crossed by other roads from the east and south, making it a prime location for staying the night before proceeding to the town. The individuals of the bards college in particular used to stop by and offer their stories and music as payment for lodging. Arngeir was spellbound from the very first time and slowly but steadily came to loath his life on the farm. On the night of his sixteenth birthday he'd had enough and ran away in the cover of darkness. He has been travelling the roads ever since, searching for adventure and new stories to tell.

Pros: Arngeir knows a lot of Skyrims lore, both practical and mythological. He can defend himself in combat if necessary and knows a little about Illusion magic.
    Cons: Being the jack-of-all-trades that he is, Arngeir doesn't really excel at anything. He is also a bit naive.
    Equipment: His clothes, some money, a quarterstaff and a flute.

4. Wolfsbane

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Totally forgot about this sorry. If you are still interested and we get some others jumping on I am all ready for it. I haven't got anything in the foreseeable future to stop me from contributing.

TITUS ZANZILIO

[​IMG]

Race: Imperial
    Background: Titus was always going to be a soldier for the Empire. Hailing from Chorrol, his years of youth were spent pretending to sword fight under the great Chorrol tree in the courtyard of town. His mother and father were you run-of-the-mill average Imperial citizens, owned a general store that dealt in sundries and other like commodities.

Choosing to sign up to the Legion at the age of eighteen he served with sword and shield for many years before he was noticed as a leader amongst his peers. He now holds the title of Praefect within the Legion and has served under General Tullius for most of his career.

Pros: Proficient in Sword and Shield, loyal to his General and the Empire.
    Cons: Sometimes loyalty and blind faith can work against him, too stubborn to know when to give up.
    Equipment: Imperial heavy armour, Imperial Steel Sword and Shield.

6. Wolfsbane

I was wondering where you'd gone ;)

I'm still in. We'll wait a few more days for other people to make their characters, then we'll start regardless. People can join in whenever they wish.

7. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I wanna do this but I'm slow/genuinely awful at writing. So if I don't post a character here soon just ignore me.

8. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Couldn't be worse than Arthgon and we endure him in most stories so you'll do fine.

9. Wolfsbane

Yuki - you can post your character and join in anytime you wish.

We will begin playing today.

10. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Saryn Vedas

Race: Dunmer
    Background: Born during the Red Year, right before the eruption of the Red Mountain and the subsequent exodus to Skyrim, Saryn has only heard about the might and splendour his ancestral house once commanded. The arts of the Telvanni were once respected and feared, but the ignorant men of Windhelm hold such power in disdain. Saryn has lived all his life in the slum of Windhelm, working odd jobs and hiding his magical affinity for fear of (further) punishment. The treatment he receives from the native population and the stories his mother tells him about the power she once held as a Wizard in the Telvanni hierarchy has radicalised him against the Stormcloaks and made him gang up with the local Dunmer and Argonians that want to overthrow Jarl Ulfric and instate a more Empire-minded ruler.

Pros: Telvanni blood, quite proficient at magic, alchemy and enchantments.
    Cons: Telvanni blood. Paranoid and self-involved to the point of psychosis. Had he not been a Mer and a proficient mage, he would have succumbed to the alcohol, skooma and moon sugar long ago.
    Equipment: Simple clothes, a fur-lined cloak and fur boots/hat/gloves to keep out the worst of the cold, an iron dagger and an heirloom staff with a simple fire enchantment hidden together with a few empty soul gems beneath a floor board in the shack he calls home.

12. werozzi

werozzi Member

Werozzi Iveleetha

Race:Bosmer
    Background: Raised in a small town in Valenwood, he lived a quite peaceful childhood, until one day, when coming back from a hunt, he was surprised ho hear strange noises in his village, he kept sneaking behind a rock meanwhile a tribe of Skooma-driven Khajiit, plundered and burned his village.
    He was left alone in the ruins, age seven, with only his mother's brooch to remember her, so he took the skooma left and survived with it for a week, until a hooded dunmer, placed a foot in his house's ruins, his name was Orvedris Armegor.
    Orvedris instructed Werozzi in the trade of daggers and stealth, he showed him the way of the deadly shadow, and then when he turned 23, his master revealled himself as an ex-Dark Brotherhood agent, and told him to go with them.
    He went to The dark brotherhood and fulfilled many contracts, during whose he discovered the legend of mehrunes razor, a dagger able to slay any man or mer, he was then sworn to find it.
    His obsession grew with each contract until one which required to slay a noble was failed and he was wounded.
    During his rehabilitation, he fell for the skooma again, and during his hallucinations, Daedric lord sheogorath told him that he was the only road to the razor, he trusted him and followed his cult.
    When he recovered, cyrodiil's dark brotherhood sent him to a contract to morrowind; to eliminate any trace of the morag tong, he killed every target except for one that fled to skyrim, so now he travels trough the snowy mountains in order to fulfill his contract.
    Pros: proficient with daggers and bows, very sneaky, his forest origins make him know the properties of any plant easily, he's left-handed so he gets a little of advantage in combat.
    Cons: He'll do anything for the sight of blood, or a bottle of skooma, he also hates khajiit, the empire and finds argonians disgusting, his right arm is crippled and really weak, also he's weak in direct combat, his armor makes him easily distinguishable, so it is a pain in the arse to avoid guards.
    Equipment: Really worn Shrouded armor, A black fur lined cloak that he wears closed and with the hood on, Dwarven dagger, a bottle with three dozes of poison, wooden bow with ten arrows, bedroll and sirvival gear.

13. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

I guess I'm out for now, I just realized how much I hate roleplaying on forums. But I am a verified loremaster of TES... So I assume I could be useful to this RP in an OOC way. If there's anything you're unsure about, I probably know it.

14. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

General Tullius, did he rock up to Skyrim a year before the game or a few months before? Apparently he turned the tide of the war pretty quickly and I'm not sure how to go about just yet with my character serving under him if he isn't actually in the region yet. Perhaps you can shed some light Yuki.

15. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

General Tullius was not needed until the Stormcloak rebellion was taken as a serious threat (when they killed Torygg), which was in the early months of 4E 201, the same year Skyrim takes place.

Edit: Regardless, Tullius IS a person of high import, and as such I'm sure you can be part of his personal retinue or something like that.

16. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Advance scout party perhaps to gauge the threat level of the Stormcloaks. Will write up something tonight or tomorrow depending how my date goes with a guuuuurl.

17. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, Wolfsbane, Torygg was murdered in the same year as Skyrim takes place, and as such, this RP cannot take place a year earlier! Just sayin'!

18. Wolfsbane

Then Torygg was murdered a few months ago in stead of a year. What differance does it make? :p

19. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

20. Wolfsbane

...It's been to days since the last post, and already you deem the thread dead? Shame on you.

Our Host!