Bedokaan Ending Slide Questions (Minor Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by pavlekocev25, Nov 23, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Hi guys,

I didn't have enough Persuasion to convince Kan Kerai that not all warm-bloods are the same, so I accepted to kill the poachers for him, after that I rescued the captured elven hunter and sent him back to Qintarra.

My questions:
    1. After I sent the elven hunter back to Qintarra, I went to Qintarra and talked to Winde, the person who sent me on this quest to find the lost elven hunter, but he didn't say anything about the elven hunter that I rescued; is this normal in this quest?

2. During the Ending Slides, it said that The Bedokaan continued to live the primitive life of nomad hunters, and never spoke with the elves again; is that how it is supposed to be?

3. In order to see the other Bedokaan Ending Slide, in which The Bedokaan ally with the elves and become civilized; do I need to convince Kan Kerai that not all warm-bloods are the same, insted of killing the poachers?

I thought that by killing the poachers and rescuing the elven hunter I can make peace between The Bedokaan and the Elves and see this "better" Bedokaan Ending Slide.
    And that the first Bedokaan Ending Slide, in which The Bedokaan continue to live the primitive life of nomad hunters, and never speak with the elves again, can happen only if you don't free the elven hunter.

I would like to hear your thoughts.

2. moonlight

moonlight Member

you have to convince Kan kerai that not all warm bloods are the same which needs 4 persuasion points I belive ( not sure though) to get the civilized bedokaan ending . Otherwise you get the solitude ending for the lizard people, as a result of killing the poachers quest which any charachter can do ;)

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

1) Yes I think that's normal, not 100% sure though. You would think he'd acknowledge it, but if memory serves he doesn't.

2) Again, I'm pretty sure that yes that is how it plays out if you just kill the poachers. Part of persuading him to not kill the poachers is convincing him that elves can be different to humans - as the Bedokaan all have the "same heart" metaphorically or something similar so he can't comprehend that. If you don't convince him on that point he would have no reason to side with the elves as to him they're no different to the humans that were hunting them.

3) Yes, you need to convince them of that. You'll need a persuasion of 3 (normally I get two points, get my Charisma to 12 through items or whatever, then progress with the Ancient Gods side quest up until you to get Kerlin's Blessing giving you the extra point - it's reasonably close to the Bedokaan Village. I'll then wait until I've done all the relevant other persuasion bits - the orc factory stalemate for example - to progress through the Ancient Gods side quest; then again, I'm a meta-gaming whore).

4. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Thanks guys.

Jojobobo, the way you progress with the Ancient Gods side quest seems like a very convenient way of doing things. :)

5. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

It sure is - for most early quests where you can use persuasion you only need two. For the orc factory and the Bedokaan quests you need three, by then you can get to Kerlin's Altar. There aren't any quests needing a persuasion of 4, so if you're shooting for persuasion mastery you can just wait until you get Velorien's Blessing to get the last three points - going this way you'll only ever need two points in persuasion to end up with five.

6. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

I also wanted to find out in which case it doesn't show the Bedokaan Ending Slide at all, so I loaded a save from a previous playthrough, where I hadn't even talked to Winde, just before Nasrudin teleports me to The Void, and I went to test this:

Test 1:
    I spoke with Kan Kerai and accepted his quest to kill the poachers, after that I went straight to The Void without trying to finish this quest; when I finished the game I didn't see any of the 2 Bedokaan Ending Slides.

Test 2:
    I killed the bedokaan pit guards, I gave vine rope to the elven hunter, rescued him and sent him back to Qintarra, after that I went straight to The Void; when I finished the game I didn't see any of the 2 Bedokaan Ending Slides.

So, from my tests I can conclude that:
    1. The only condition to see the Primitive Bedokaan Ending Slide is to kill the poachers. (maybe there is another condition to see this?)
    2. The only condition to see the Civilised Bedokaan Ending Slide is to convince Kan Kerai that not all warm-bloods are the same.
    And any other scenario will result in the Bedokaan Ending Slide not showing at all.

So I wanted you guys to confirm my results if you have experienced different Bedokaan scenarios in your playthroughs, because I could still be wrong about "killing the poachers" being the only condition to see the Primitive Bedokaan Ending Slide.

7. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

No, haven't found anything other than you. I'm guessing that the devs assumed that if you completed Winde's quest without either persuasion or killing the poachers, you'd massacre the bedokaans. Neither ending would be fitting in that case.

As for Test 1, you haven't actually completed any quest associated with the bedokaans. The game assumes that you haven't met them, in which case an ending would be weird. I missed them entirely in my first playthrough.

8. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Our Host!