Highlighting items on the ground

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by soldatmesteren, Jul 26, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. soldatmesteren

soldatmesteren New Member

Hello.

I seem to remember last time I played through Arcanum that I was able to highlight all items on the ground, but I cannot found out how to do it now.

Any one how to do this?

2. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New Member

I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Fallout 1&2 because they are similiar games which have that feauture, but I don't think you can do it in Arcanum.

3. soldatmesteren

soldatmesteren New Member

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

5. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Nah. I tried alt but it didn't work. I think what NamelessOne says is true. Fallout used the shift key for that function but I've never seen anything similar for Arcanum.

Still, any followers you have might pick up those hard-to-spot items for you. Beats Fallout in that regard...

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Fallout 2 (possibly 1 as well?) only had that option in some newer fan-made unofficial patches. Was an interesting surprise to find on an n'th playthrough that "oh, there's some weapon/armor/ammo/stimpak behind these rocks/bones!". Even if all it was worth was selling it for a handful of caps, discovering something new in a game that was played to death is always invaluable.

But returning to the matter at hand, that kind of option was never included in vanilla Arcanum nor any mod I recall.

7. NamelessOne

NamelessOne New Member

I suddenly remember how I was struggling with that book in Den as a kid and it's not all that pleasant. Fallout games have been so heavily hacked and patched for years I had forgotten where vanilla ends and mods begin.

Anyway, it is added by TimeSlip's engine tweaks that comes with unofficial patches. Really awesome exe hack that basically modernizes whole Fallout engine and even makes it more easy to mod. Wish someone would make such thing for Arcanum too.

Our Host!