Problem with Hi Res patch

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by maanez56, May 28, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. maanez56

maanez56 New Member

Hi there, recently downloaded Arcanum onto my Macbook Air. After following directions to use wineskin patch to change resolution, the game works perfectly until I either restart my laptop or let it go to sleep. After restarting or closing the lid, the game becomes very blurry and unplayable. Can anyone help?

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

So if I understand the problem is you're letting your laptop go to sleep and then it's blurry? Or if you restart your machine it's blurry every time you play it from then on? Or both?

If you quit out of Arcanum when it's in this state (cmd + tab to get to Desktop, right click on the Arcanum wineskin icon running in the dock and click quit) can you restart the game and play normally? If you can, then that's what I'd suggest you do (i.e. save before you put it to sleep) - it may be a slight bit more hassle but it's not like the opening sequences and loading your save take long. Or possibly you might be able to alt tab out and play it in a semi-sort of windowed mode - that might retain whatever resolution you're trying to play it in (it's what I've been using to take screenshots with).

I don't use the high res patch and when I put my MacBook Pro to sleep I'm not having any issues, so I guess if the problem persists then maybe just try uninstalling the patch? I don't know if it's something to do with the settings of the wineskin but the resolution seems fine to me anyway - it may be worthwhile giving it a try without the patch to see what you think.

Lastly what OS are you? Apparently Paul the Tall's wineskin wrappers have some issues with Mavericks (see his page on it here) if you're not using the correct settings, although admittedly that doesn't sound like the issue here.

Our Host!