Transferring amounts of stackable items

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Jojobobo, May 10, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Just to check - all you do to specify the amount of arrows/bullets/whatever you want to transfer in a windows install of Arcanum is to use the keypad right? There's nothing else to it, nothing extra you click or type to get this happening or some combo of key presses? I obviously don't have a windows install to check in.

I did some coding for remapping my keys and moved it into my Arcanum wineskin, and it's still not recognising them as keypad numbers just the regular hotkey numbers. It's infuriating as it's just been a massive waste of my time if the game will simply not recognise the mac's version of keypad numbers as keypad numbers - I was really hoping to make a small fix for this for my mac guide thread. I guess for most people transferring amounts isn't important, but I like to keep my encumbrance in check with ranged characters and followers so for me it's a pretty big deal.

I know you can transfer without doing typing it in, but if you want to transfer 2947 arrows out of something like 6000 it's a huge annoyance to wait that long. I'm beginning to think there's some fundamental difference in how a mac treats a keypad to how a windows system treats a keypad so I doubt even buying an external keypad would work (with the coding I did, I've literally remapped the keys at a fundamental level rather than just emulation - if the file that causes it was in my home folder it would change them for my whole system. I've also made sure the keys are definitely keypad keys, so there's no irregularity there either). In 99% of games this would never be a problem, but of course Arcanum had to get all avant-garde with it's use of a normal damn keyboard.

2. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

This is correct. I believe that NumLock also have to be on. Or maybe it's off? Anyhow, it's gotta be one way or the other.

Don't know anything about macs though.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

That's a pain then, I'll try and find out what's causing this discrepancy but failing that I'm out of luck.

Our Host!