Hexed items character.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by sibakruom, Apr 17, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. sibakruom

sibakruom New Member

Hi everyone,

I'd like to try and make a "cursed warrior" type of character, wielding as much hexed items as reasonably possible. By design, it's going to be an evil melee fighter, with maxed magical aptitude. Here are the items I've considered, and some questions about some of them.

The Bangellian Scourge: no brainer.

Dark Helmet: good enough, and will help get my magical aptitude to 100.

Hellfire Amulet: seems amusing. As I understand it, it casts Fireflash on me from time to time during combat. Does it actually hurt the surrounding enemies? Also, I guess it's going to damage my armor as well. Are the Arcane armors immune to this kind of damage the same way the Arcane weapons are?

Baneful Gauntlets: +100% to all resists except poison looks good, and should allow me to get max resist in everything. I've done a bit of in-game testing with another character, and a Constitution of 20 neutralize the poison damage. However, the Fatigue damage over time is ridiculous: one third of my maximum Fatigue per tick. This means that as soon as my maximum Fatigue is over 18, the +6 regereration from the 17 Constitution can't keep up. I've thought of the Chill Shield and its -95% Fatigue (it's in character, too), but this is going to leave me with a dangerously low fatigue (around 5 - 10), and probably no sustainable spells. Also, the -3 to Strength, Dexterity and Willpower really hurts. Is there a better way to manage this Fatigue loss over time?

And that's all. Any advice is appreciated.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Can't check anything in-game at the moment, but if memory serves (1) while arcane weaponry doesn't get damaged from attacking mechanical/rock opponents, it still suffers damage when used against fire elementals, (2) arcane armor also receives damage during fights with fire elementals. Based on that I'd wager even arcane isn't immune to fire damage condition-wise and hence your armor will receive damage from the medallion's fireflashes.

3. sibakruom

sibakruom New Member

4. sibakruom

sibakruom New Member

Thanks.

I think Dweomer or Reflection Shield should do the trick for protecting against the Fireflash. Unless they completely negate the spell, with the enemies taking no damage as well, in which case there's no point wearing the Amulet.
    Still, I can't run those sustained in conjonction with the Baneful Gauntlets/Chill Shield combo, so it's going to be one or the other (I tend towards the latter right now).

Our Host!