Hyper-sensitive mouse: game is unplayable!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Link, Feb 5, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Link

Link New Member

Hi Guys,

I just downloaded Arcanum from GOG and went to start playing it but ran into an unusual problem.

When the opening menu comes up the mouse cursor is so sensitive that the slightest touch on the track pad sends it to the other side of the screen.

I am running the game on Windows XP Professional 32 Bit on a virtual machine on my macbook.

So far i have tried:
    adjusting mouse speed in windows,
    uninstalling and reinstalling,
    turning off 3d acceleration,
    installing unofficial patch from GOG forum (which stopped the game from loading altogether),
    contacting GOG support who simply replied with: "Unfortunately virtualization software is not supported by us. "

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it?

Thanks

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

I made this guide about installing Arcanum on a mac some months back using a wineskin (without the use of virtual machines or what have you). I have a macbook too and never experienced any mouse issues (or any major issues for that matter - I think I got to Quintarra so I can't speak for the latter half of the game), so maybe try keeping your saves and reinstalling using what I put in the thread? My method of installing Arcanum is supported by GOG too as far as I'm aware; the website where I got wineskin from advertises for GOG (Paul the Tall) and my thread got reposted on the GOG forums by someone else without it being taken down.

Of course someone might have a more specific solution to the mouse problem using a virtual machine, so I'd maybe give it a few days to see if anyone else ventures something if you're not too keen on fully reinstalling.

Our Host!