Stillwater location before going to Black Mountain Mines?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by pavlekocev25, Jan 11, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Hi guys :)

I want to try and get dodge mastery as soon as possible, so I thought if I can somehow find out the location of Stillwater even before going to the Black Mountain Mines.

Is there someone I can talk to, who can mark the location of Stillwater on my map, or I can try and do some side quest that can lead to finding the location of Stillwater even before going to the Black Mountain Mines?

I already know the (W, S) map coordinates of Stillwater, but I was wondering if it is possible to find out without any form of cheating.

Thanks for your time.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Go to Dernholm and do the Melee mastery quest. This eventually leads to Stillwater.

That is the only option I can recall.

3. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Even if you do "cheat", you can always justify it as your character was hunting game or what not and just happened to stumble on Stillwater - it really depends on how strict you want to be on what your character could reasonably discover by himself.

4. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

I recall that there are two different kinds of locations. Some locations can be stumbled upon by simply being in their vicinity, while others are "hidden" and you'll need to be told of them or know their exact coordinates in order to find them.

I would consider stumbling upon the former to be in order. Most of us have found Torg's altar on our way to Tarant, the Wolf Cave between Dernholm and Blackroot, and the Forbidden Pit between Tarant and Ashbury, right?

"Stumbling" upon the latter, however, would be cheating in my book. But cities are, to my recollection, not "hidden".

5. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Or you could just roleplay that you asked someone and they said 'somewhere around there'.

6. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Re: Stillwater location before going to Black Mountain Mines

Thank you all for the replies mates, I did a little asking around, but I guess nobody can mark it on my map at this point of the main quest (before going to the Black Mountain Mines).

I will use your advice and "accidentally" go there :)

7. Ring lord

Ring lord Member

Re: Stillwater location before going to Black Mountain Mines

Roleplay that in one of the dreams you've had on the way, as several nights pass during any journey, the goddess Geshtianna revealed herself to you and provided divine inspiration as to the location of her temple - so you could be her champion and return her statue. 0:)

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I roleplay that my character meta games because of pure awesome, and Geshtianna wet dream sequences are just an added bonus.

Our Host!