Random encounter OVERLOAD

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Commander_Clash, Dec 24, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Commander_Clash

Commander_Clash New Member

Alright, I have searched, and searched, and searched, and I may actually be the only person to have ever gotten this bug.

I face a problem, I have the unofficial arcanum patch and the widescreen mod installed, just for the record.

It worked perfectly, then, all of a sudden, halfway through my game the amount of random encounters occurring during world map travel SKYROCKETED, I am literally getting a random encounter every step my party takes on the world map, to travel from the crash site to shrouded hills alone takes 20-30 minutes! This is not normal, it is most certainly a bug.

I cant figure out whats causing the issue and I would like to retain my save account, I really like the progress I've made. If somebody could lend a hand I would really appreciate it, thank you.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Here you can find a list of things that can be added to the command line for Arcanum. One of them is the -norandom modifier which stops all random encounters altogether.

It's a crude solution with going from one extreme to another, but it should help if no one knows of a way to bring back random encounters to appear at a normal frequency in your game.

3. Commander_Clash

Commander_Clash New Member

Hey, thank you! It may be a crude solution but I'll sure as heck take it. I figure I can just turn it off and on depending on when I need to see some random encounters. Heck, turning them off an on just might set things back to normal.

Either way, better than the alternative.

Your a lifesaver, Ciao!

Our Host!