Healing Salve with or without Heal skill

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by SpaceCowboy78, Nov 26, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

Hi guys,

I'm playing a tech character. I'm deciding either:
    *To pick up Jayna Stiles, cause she can make salves and have healing skill
    *To put 1 point in herbology so i can make the salves myself, not taking the healing skill, not picking up
    Jayna, so i have room for 1 more follower.

Is using healing salves, without the healing skill doable inside and outside combat?

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Jayna Stiles is a pretty boring follower, so I'd go for the point in herbology if you can spare it. If you stop randomly in wooded areas of the map you can find ingredients pretty easily, and you don't need to invest in the healing skill to heal effectively with salves.

You can heal inside of combat efficiently by putting salves in a hotkey slot, holding shift and pressing the number corresponding to the slot you put the salves in (basically holding shift and pressing a hotkey slot automatically uses whatever you've put in the slot on yourself). Outside of combat you can use them at your leisure anyway so that's not really an issue.

3. SpaceCowboy78

SpaceCowboy78 New Member

Thanks, it is good to know that you are not dependend on the heal skill.
    Yeah Jayna is a boring melee character. I think only of her herbology, only healing salve is useful. But her therapeutics like +ST or +PE can be interesting though.

Our Host!