Dark Elf Guards Attack Me on Site

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lorddarius13, Oct 27, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lorddarius13

lorddarius13 New Member

I just reached Tsen-Ang and I can't talk to any of the guards. They just attack me on site. My character build really isn't meant for fighting and I have the Molochean Hand Amulet on me but as I said they just attack me on sight without being able to talk to them. Is this suppose to happen or is this a bug?

2. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

The people of Arcanum behave much like the grim philosopher Shopenhauer in that they find people of repulsive appearance to be a personal affront. They observe the eyesore, their faces twisted with loathing, rush to their feet, and proceed with pounding the offensive person in the head with a cane.

Is your character's beauty extremely low? Have you sold your sole? Are you a dwarf? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, that could very well be the reason for the elves' hostility. Fortunately, wearing fancy clothing tend to help. Buy a smoking jacket or an elegant dress, depending on gender, and the guards might be sufficiently impressed that they lower themselves to speak with you. You can find fancy clothes in most cities, but the tailor in Tarant is, to my recollection, the most reliable supplier.

Good luck.

Our Host!