To Hit 103%, does it hit the enemy every time?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by pavlekocev25, Dec 21, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Hi guys,

When you point at an enemy during combat mode, it tells you your chance to hit that enemy.
    I am not talking about the Base To Hit: %, which can be seen from the Inventory, where you can also see Total Attack etc., but I am talking about the actual To Hit chance that you can see only when you point at the enemy.

I have the Floats set on Verbose, so I can see if the enemy is dodging the attack or if I am critically missing.

I notice sometimes when I point at an enemy, it says 103% To Hit, but it still happens that I miss that enemy sometime, even with 103% To Hit chance; I swing at him, but nothing happens, no float combat message or anything.

I thought that if it says 100% To Hit chance when I point at the enemy, I can hit that enemy every time, but I could be wrong.

If that is the case, what would be the minimum To Hit chance when I point at an enemy, so I can hit that enemy every time? (To Hit 150%? To Hit 180%?)

2. Ruda

Ruda Active Member

Common sense suggests that 100 % To Hit would mean that you'd hit all the time, but evidently this is not so.

I recall that a passed out target can suffer a 120 % To Hit even when faced with an untrained melee fighter, but the melee fighter can still miss (and will miss quite often).

I also recall that the Amtut tutorial tells us to add +666 TH in order to create a weapon that will always hit regardless of the user's skill.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

3. pavlekocev25

pavlekocev25 Member

Thanks Ruda, I did some tests and I think this can happen when attacking a magical enemy with a tech weapon.

Our Host!