Happy New Year 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthgon, Jan 1, 2014.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

I wish my fellow misanthropes and cynics a happy new year.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    What I always love about the new year is that days are beginning to grow longer, days are 4.5 hours long now and that's a bit on the lowish side of things.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

That's epic.

If I were living through that kind of midwinter, I would really appreciate the feasting, fires and springtime colours of the festive season.

When Xmas falls during midsummer in the subtropics, it seems like a farce, but I doubt I could survive a Swedish winter without it.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I really enjoy the winter solstice for that reason. The world seems to look more and more gloomy up until that date, and then the days start getting longer again.

Though I always like seeing snow on the ground in winter or fall because it reflects so much more light than your standard ground.

Then again, my car is buried right now, thanks to the very reflective snow I mentioned. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    Re:

Pretty sure the traditions of the season are rooted in some psychological need or another, nigh-perpetual darkness kinda sucks. You come to appreciate the snow, for the reasons Grossen outlined.

Summers are cool though. Daylight 24/7. Just absorb enough of that Vitamin D to survive until the next summer.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Re:

That is pretty much the only thing that struck me this New Years. Well, it's 2014. No big deal. At least the days are getting longer, although not as considerably longer as 4.5 hours.

7. Jwrac

Jwrac Member

I'm a bit late to the party, but I wish the entirety of the forums a happy new year.
    'cept those bot types in the lower catacombs... we don't tolerate their nonsense.

8. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Re:

Nothing says "good times" like getting up and going to work in the darkness of predawn, and then leaving after work when it's fucking dark outside again.

9. Dark Elf

Media:
    Indeed.

And then, one day, it's not quite as dark as it used to be when you arrive at work. And then things get progressively more awesome.

Our Host!