I'm selling my TF2 Shit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sleek_Jeek, Oct 29, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I was so happy to get this item, and I don't even know why anymore.

I haven't even had it for a year, all I know is tf2 makes me sad these days.

[​IMG]

There was a time it seemed this game was invincible, but lately its completely swamped with people trying to buy and sell this cosmetic nonsense. It's always been a thing, but now it seems that its the only thing, and I yearn for simpler TF2 times. So I'm going to sell everything I have that is superfluous to the game.

At first it seemed like a reasonable thing, the game was free and paying for a few things seemed like a good idea. Before I knew it I was ignoring the game and paying all my attention to whether or not some strange kid had accepted my trade proposition on tf2outpost, or if the price of earbuds had fluctuated on http://www.tf2finance.com .

In retrospect it was fun, but it seems so pointless now.

Anyone else out there had a similar experience with an online game?

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    All online games are like this, that's why you play singleplayer RPG's or fucking Warhammer where everyone at least knows from the fucking onset that it's all about Games Workshop ripping you off.

You honestly didn't see it coming?

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Re:

Not exactly - I didn't expect it to be so engaging. I even devised a way to get currency for free and I had a ridiculous 15 pixel by 15 pixel graphic design business going on - http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/8569794 , http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/8295296 ...

I would use the keys I made from designing these decals to trade up to more valuable items, and also to buy other games. At one point I bought 3 copies of Civ V for my drinking buddies so we could find new ways to piss each other off, but that was at the height of my enthusiasm for this. Lately I can't be bothered.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Mang, if you're gonna be a depressed piss artist like myself, at least do it the proper way!

5. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I thought the proper way was to get free stuff from bronies using cut / paste skills, and MS Paint.

What method are you talking about?

6. Philes

Philes Well-Known Member

Re:

As someone in a potentially unique situation of dealing with both heroin addicts and people who play Warhammer (or other minifig games, or hell, even Magic), the behaviors of both groups are sometimes frighteningly similar.

Our Host!