What little things bug you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, Oct 19, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Ants are bad asses. They are extremely interesting. If you ever had an opportunity to greet our "insect overlords" I'm pretty sure you'd be mercilessly decapitated or poisoned before you even had an opportunity to speak. There wouldn't be any curiosity, there wouldn't be any sugar mines to labor in, there would only be your death followed by the refinement of your mass into something to feed to larvae.

Then again, if an ant was large enough to no longer consider humans a threat and all parts of their anatomy remained proportional then who can say how the processes of their brains might have changed?

Ridiculous hypothetical musings aside, HAVE YOU SEEN THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE?

I've had this on DVD for a few years and it was the single most mind blowing thing to show people while sharing some trees, and even without trees, now that I no longer trees, it is still an amazing movie. Also it is free to watch on Hulu. The best ant movie since Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

BESIEGED FORTRESS (ARMY ANTS VS. KILLER TERMITES - THE MOVIE)
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/291145

If this video isn't available in your country I think there are some programs like "hot spot shield" that can give you sneaky access to country specific content.

If this recommendation is redundant, please forgive my ignorance.

My friend in high school once had a hornets nest infesting the wall dividing his backyard from his neighbors. The wall was made from white washed cinder blocks and in order to get at it the nest an exterminator needed permission to smash it apart. After discovering the nest was too large to deal with that day he left to collect the necessary tools and come back the next day.

So like, when my friends and I found out about this we had some fun setting his wall on fire. Seems like fire is a universal cure for horrible things.

Being killed by a huge swarm of wasps doesn't sound like a great way to go. I wonder what purpose they really serve, they really do seem like a single minded scourge of terrible violence. I guess they're aspiring apex predators?

I wonder if they'll someday evolve to have an immunity to fire... what could we possibly do to them then?

2. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I thought that I was the only one to have an unfounded animosity toward silverfish. Fortunately, Boise is too arid to sustain them and I don't believe I've seen one since I've relocated.

The American Northwest is home to the hobo spider, a species with which I was unfamiliar in the Southeast. Legend has it that the hobo spider migrated to the Northwest from Europe and ironically the Europeans have had little interaction with the hobo spider. The giant house spider (formerly the fastest spider in the world) has decided to make its home in European abodes relegating the hobo spider to fields. The giant house spider does not have much of a presence in the American Northwest so the hobo spider has the run of human homes, increasing the incidents of hobo spider bites. It would appear that the giant house spider is the better housemate because none of its bites have been recognized as "medically significant" in humans.

3. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

It's all a question of befriending your enemies' enemies.

Daddy long legs eat red back spiders, which kill anything up to and including snakes and humans, so I like them. It is also speculated that the red back is an imported species, or at least one which as benefited from human disruption. I had one in my back yard last autumn. If they don't kill you they can fuck your nerves up for life.

Also, wasps will clean up any caterpillars, as well as spiders. Meanwhile, birds eats wasps nests.

I subscribe to the Taoist or Garfield school of gardening. Do nothing and all will be well. Also, lasagne.

4. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Re: Re:

That makes me feel happy in my heart.

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    News anchors wearing uniforms, all the joys of totalitarianism!

6. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

She probably works double shifts and didn't have time to put on a different dress in between. You know how stressful it can be for youngsters these days.

7. evali68158

evali68158 New Member

Dark wrote:"Herds of reindeer on the roads. I sometimes feel like equipping my car with a dozer blade."

The car reversing set is so good to use in the daily life, have you ever use it?

Our Host!