Mass Extinction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ytzk, Oct 6, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

A sub urban sprawl could theoretically be the most ecologically stable model, but only if you looked around and cultivated your specific regional biodiversity.

But that's unpossible, because 'suburb' means a uniform garden at best, and a double lock up garage in a maze of asphalt cul de sacs, so you can drive to fucking work every day and be home for tv.

Just lock yourselves in the tiniest box you can, recycle your air and leave the actual participants in the ecosystem to clean up the mess, already.

2. No.9

No.9 New Member

Re: Re:

You might have a point...

[​IMG]

3. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Re:

I know what you mean. I've looked into "economy" houses, and "green" houses, but these are usually glorified house shaped trailers made from expensive wood, or yurts. Literally yurts. We always look to the holy *Someone* who *Should* change our living structure, but this is really a difficult task. I will forever firmly believe that education and spirituality are mankind's only hope for survival / salvation / redemption. Please note that when I say "spirituality" I'm not talking about organized religion, but mindfulness, selflessness, mutual respect, inner calm, and social responsibility.

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Hey, man. Yurts are cool.

So is selflessness of course, that's the real trick.

We can but hope that enough children are being educated enough that enlightened self interest replaces pure selfishness in the future operations of the economy.

Doesn't seem likely to me, except in the old fashioned way, that the lessons are going to be learned the hard way, with deep impressions on our culture, the way Europe learned about hygiene in the Black Plague. More importantly, it's going to leave a big blank layer of extinction in the fossil record.

Our Host!