The new Troikapedia is up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Oct 28, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Okay, so the new Troikapedia is up and running. We are foregoing to the old and crumbling Troikapedia as it never took off, and it is saved externally anyway. We are going to kill it one day, but for now it will remain up that we can remove from it any content needed on the new wiki. The new wiki uses the latest version of Mediawiki, which is the same software Wikipedia uses, and should be more than adequate for our needs.

Here's the link to the old wiki: http://troika.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

The new Troikapedia is accessible from the link in the header, or here: http://terra-arcanum.com/troikapedia/in ... =Main_Page

It obviously looks like shite at the moment.

If you don't want it to look like shite, just create an account and knock yourself out.

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

It's funny, because I was planning to host a wiki on T-A back in 2008, I even had it installed on my subdomain, with a custom skin and everything. But then I got burned out on Arcanum, and just said fuck it, nobody but me is going to contribute to it, anyway.

My project, however, was different in the way that it was supposed to be Arcanum only, sort of a supreme database, for anything related to the game, from the development stories to the gameplay mechanics (as in item/spells databases (including various numbers and calculations that are hidden from the player), all possible solutions to quests, engine documentation, etc). Basically, I wanted it to be just like Fallout's 'Vault' wiki. My final Arcanum project.

But then I realized that I really hate Arcanum, so fuck you.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Pretty much our idea then, except that we're aiming for all of Troika's games.

4. Pyotr

Pyotr Member

Re:

I always wondered what's with Arcanum that make you HATE it? I mean, it's just a pile of information, it isn't able to rape your childhood or kill your family.
    And frequently posting on god-forbidden forum of the game you HATE is a bit... contradictive isn't it?

5. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

I don't understand Drog's animosity toward the game either, but as long as he punctuates his contribitutions with a hearty "fuck you" I will always forgive him his other lapses in judgment.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Re:

I agree. Believing I'm the only person who loves or hates a game is taxing and pointless.

7. Crypton

Crypton Member

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yes, it's strange that two wikis based on mediawiki would have the same theme, because it's not like anyone else has used mediawiki or that theme besides you guys.

Our Host!