Smuel's good morning extravaganza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smuel, May 3, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    In honour of Robin Williams, I will repeat myself by posting this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwSra5p8MDw[/youtube]

2. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

Speaking of Robin Williams, if you haven't already seen One Hour Photo you should watch it. It's his best creepy role, I watched it tonight and it's still as good as ever.

Good night.

3. Dark Elf

Media:
    One Hour Photo should be on everyone's to-watch list.

Good day.

4. Jojobobo

I was going to praise Henry Ford's "birthday" on this forum with a suitable quote from A Brave New World, but as the internet didn't yield one and my copy is a couple of meters away on the bookshelf you're just going to have to do without.

Good evening.

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    Cleanliness is next to fordliness.

Good evening.

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I've been playing New Vegas since last Saturday - hadn't played it before, and heard from a few sources (DE plus a few dozen reviews) it was better than 3, in terms of gameplay and how well it meshed with the first two games.

Took a bit to get used to the game's quirks, and I noticed Deathclaws are used as admin-walls when I shouldn't be places at a certain level. But I knew that this game was worth what I paid (and perhaps a bit more) the first time I shot a stick of dynamite in a Powder Ganger's hand. Also, how many other games give you control of an orbital death laser?

You can bet decent money that I use it to give Deathclaws a Good Morning.

7. Jojobobo

You can just use the Stealth Boys found on Joe Cobb and in the safe in the abandoned school in Goodsprings sneak past the cazadors directly north of Goodsprings and get to Vegas lickety-split; it's something I've done before however I still usually take the scenic route as there's just more going on to the south. I'm also starting up on New Vegas again, I wanted something to play after Skyrim got repetitive.

On a completely unrelated note, the Mordheim game I mentioned now has a development blog if anyone was interested in charting its progress; I know I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

Good morning.

8. Dark Elf

Media:
    Now we need Carnival of Chaos and Amazons!

Good morning.

9. Jojobobo

I'm curious to see if they will cover some of the "official" warbands that weren't in the core rulebook; particularly Orcs and Goblins but also things like Carnival of Chaos would be interesting too. Maybe they'll just cover the core rulebook and if it proves popular enough make the others an expansion, who knows.

Good morning part II.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    Core rulebook, then all the interesting things as purchaseable DLC then. The good morning devolved to a not so good day after all.

11. Jojobobo

Holy mother of god (batman!) - if I had an HD tv and £110 to spare I would be on this like something that wants to be all over something else; it even comes with with a Hot Wheels Batmobile and trading cards! Unfortunately I don't, and seeing it's limited edition just makes me sad.

Good evening.

12. Grossenschwamm

That's something I'll try in my next playthrough. As of right now, though, I have a Fat Man to take care of cazadores - and I've been kicking myself for not stockpiling .50 MG ammo, since I just got the Anti-Materiel rifle and am finding it astoundingly useful.

That's actually the reason why I started playing. I wanted to run through another first person rpg and wasn't interested in Skyrim. Though, I think the fact that my most recent character being a Khajiit based on a cat I recently gave away might've had something to do with it.

Good morning.

13. Transparent Painting

Transparent Painting Well-Known Member

I just started playing it because you guys were talking about it. Seems to be more references to the first two games in the series in New Vegas than in Fallout 3, I'm pleased to notice.

Good evening.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I've decided to finally play Fallout Tactics. It's the only Fallout game I haven't played through yet (unless you count Brotherhood of Steel, which I don't), and it has been sitting undownloaded in my GOG account for ages, so I guess it's time to remedy that.

15. wobbler

wobbler Well-Known Member

Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta, and my laptop can't handle it. So apparently I have to wait a few days 'till I get home.

16. Grossenschwamm

Re:

It's really not that good. It came in a set with Fallout and Fallout 2 that I bought, and I just couldn't get into the game.

17. Jungle Japes

I've finished 4 or 5 missions so far; it's not exactly keeping me glued to the screen. I didn't think the combat could possibly be more tedious than FO1/2, but it is.

18. Grossenschwamm

That's what I thought. Also the dialogue spoken during missions seemed to overshoot the feel of the first two.

Good morning.

19. Jungle Japes

Ten years ago today, on my 18th birthday, I was in a van on the way to Fort Jackson for basic training.

20. Grossenschwamm

Happy Birthday! Today is the day I discovered I'm older than you, and by how much.

Good Morning.

Our Host!