The thread wherein we discuss Youtube channels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Jul 11, 2012.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The Young Turks

I'm actually at a loss as to where I should place myself in the political spectrum. I actually consider myself pretty damn conservative on many issues, but whenever I feel the need to keep up with American politics, I watch TYT. They're a progressive news channel, sometimes over the top, but solid as far as I can tell.

2. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Clarke and Dawe

Australian comedy duo reporting on news and world events.

Jim Mathers

Creator of Foamy the Squirrel.

NonStampCollector

Animated Bible verses done by an atheist to point out the book's inherent fallacies and contradictions.

AronRa

Two wonderful series by Aron are Falsifying Phylogeny and The Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism. Channel talks about atheism, evolution, science, and (very rarely) politics.

Galt Speaking

A friend's attempt to dramatize the speech given by the character John Galt in Atlas Shrugged.

D. Landon Cole

Commentary on UK and European politics.

And that's everything on my subscriptions list.

3. Smuel

Smuel Well-Known Member

Media:
    I don't know of any YouTube channels, but has anyone ever mentioned this similarity before?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's quite the uncanny resemblance.

weeklytubeshow2]WeeklyTubeShow2

Fist of the North Star, Dragonball Z, and Rapeman are all dubbed by this man. He performs each different voice himself, as well. I think it's pretty good, at least for a cheap laugh.

TeamFourStar

The makers of what's probably the best Dragonball Z parody dub online.

czg123

Home of the Honey Badger that doesn't give a shit.

5. Yuki

Yuki Well-Known Member

Shen

Uploads videos where he expertly plays Paradox grand strategy games and sometimes Total War.

Dopefish Lives!

Funny guy.

Rose

Mai waifu.

Two Best Friends Play

These guys are too funny.

The Rageaholic

Spot on video game reviews that tell you the truth, as opposed to most mainstream video game reviewers.

6. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

For a time, The Philip DeFranco Show was my only news source. I didn't know who Sarah Palin was until DeFranco referred to her as a "VPILF."

7. Jojobobo

Jojobobo Well-Known Member

8. Jojobobo

I sought out this thread to make a post, whilst simultaneously bringing it back from the dead and also double posting - I even had to venture into page 3 of General Discussion for Christ's sakes, cut me some slack!

Essentially I know enough of you perverts will appreciate Squid Gaming as british crumpet (that means with the essential accent you can fap about) who posts game reviews. Her later videos (which she's publishing once a month as far as I can tell) are more in line with our debauched sense of humour, but her earlier videos are more family friendly - see what you make of them or don't as obviously I'm powerless to stop you - HAHA respect my power! Yeah....

9. TheDavisChanger

I'm glad you did because recently I've realized that I love youtube.

I've been enjoying Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation video game reviews for a couple of years now and only recently decided to subscribe to The Escapist. The Jimquisition had to grow on me, but I appreciate Sterling's perspectives in these. Anything from MOVIEBOB is usually worthwhile, too.

Within the past few weeks I had found myself thinking about Adam Sessler and wondering whatever became of him. It turns out he presents on Rev3Games, a channel to which I've also recently subscribed. The game reviews are adequate and the Casual Friday segment is generally pretty good. I really enjoy Max Scoville's Study Hall.
    I haven't watched much of DeFranco in years, but it turns out he's been picked up by Rev3Games as well.
    The Rev3Games shows feature very conspicuous advertising, but I feel it's pulled off well.

Youtube is great. The Internet is great. I'm a fan of "new media."

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Re:

Zero Pnctuation = the bomb.

STAR
    This is the best Team Fortress 2 related channel in existence. Also he plays lots of other games, and he manages to make all of his videos hilarious through his humor, and his ability to find glitches and graphical errors in the games he plays. His newest video for Super House Of Dead Ninjas makes a great argument for getting addicted to speedy indy platformers.

NEEDLEDROP
    This NERD, you heard me, NERD, NERD, NERD reviews newly released music as soon as he can get his hands on it. His name is Anthony Fantano. He is vegan, he is fat, he is from connecticut, his alter ego is named Cal Chuchesta. His channel is clearly divided into genres and there is a section clearly showing albums he "loved." His reviews are very honest, he's very well spoken, sometimes I find his over-seriousness and descriptiveness so intense that it is off putting but I have to respect someone who takes pride in what they do. He reviews a broad spectrum of rock, metal, doom metal, rap, hip hop, indie rock, thrash metal, hard rock, alternative rock, butt rock, hip hop, indie rock, rape-rock, cock ring, and rap without ever reviewing things by bands which are overly boring.

NARDWUAR
    If you haven't heard of Nardwuar you are probably not a fan of music who is also from Canada. Nardwuar started as a sort of guerrilla journalist, ambushing rock stars and accosting them with WAY TOO MUCH RESEARCH INTO THEIR LIVES. These days I think it's just accepted that Nardwuar is going to interview you if you're a musician of reasonable fame who is passing through Toronto.

11. TheDavisChanger

My latest favorite youtube channel is Feminist Frequency. What drew me to the channel is feminist criticism of games, but pop culture at large is also a topic of discussion. The views presented are researched thoroughly enough for my satisfaction and Sarkeesian is well spoken. I find myself often disagreeing with this feminist bullshit, but that's just me being sexist and dismissive. Her points are valid, but they don't seem as critical as Sarkeesian insists.

12. TheDavisChanger

13. Jojobobo

As a completely irreverent time-waster, I've found ICEnJAM to be quite amusing; it's essentially just a channel of someone who makes soundboards exclusively from games and rings them to distress people. One of the more amusing ones I watched was the Heimskr Calls a Christian Hotline - purely because the christian guy stays on the phone continuing to try and have a normal conversation with him even though Heimskr is talking about "brave and mighty Talos" and "the future of Skyrim".

14. Byzantine

Byzantine Member

I'd recommend GuruMediator on YouTube for a good laugh; he makes fantastic remixes out of dialogue from old television shows like Bottom, Blackadder, and Star Trek.

15. Rain-Dog

Rain-Dog Member

TheDavisChanger likes this.
  16. TheDavisChanger

I love that series. It was finally updated just the other day after weeks of inactivity.

Also, I just discovered The Know, for more gaming and entertainment news.

17. TheDavisChanger

Our Host!