What has happened to the English Languge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.Bomb, Aug 12, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Do you find that speaking in full, unbroken, and lacking in modern slang English, is considered outl

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. C64

C64 New Member

What does stagnation have to do with our teeth? If our current dental configuration is serving our needs, why would we need it to change?

And you're damn straight herbivores love meat. Some of those fuckers are vicious, calculating predators. It's like I tell PETA in all those letters I send 'em: cows would love nothing more than to eat us to death, so I do my part to keep the population down. A side of beef a day keeps the cowpocalypse away.

2. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

Fixed. I also meant omnivorous.

3. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Let's say there's some stuff I want to do with my mouth. I can already unhitch my jaw, I need some stronger teeth (and a bigger mouth, and scales). Not everyone loves the teeth like you do. I can't bite through certain things (seat belt) to save my life. Or shoot radioactive fire from it (my mouth) on a whim. Though, I guess with today's technology, evolution isn't necessary. Still, if we don't manage to kill ourselves in the next 200k years a new species of humanity (from us) will probably take our place. There's already a pretty successful alternate brain type. Who knows what'll happen.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Oh, I see what you did there, I do. You typed those words thinking "now just to wait till someone asks 'What do you mean by that, Gross?'" all along, didn't you, you evil green plushie reptile, you. Okay, be it your way, I'll play along your sinister scheme for now and be that someone. So...

What do you mean by that, Gross?

5. Grossenschwamm

Well I didn't intend for any questions to be asked, but I have such an alternate brain. I'm part of a rapidly growing community outside of the realm of neuro typicals. My brain matures differently from most people on the planet, i.e. I don't pick up emotional cues at the same level as someone else my age with a standard mind, but I'm able to obtain near encyclopedic knowledge on many narrowly defined subjects (sometimes without a grasp of the bigger picture, but who needs that?). I also don't feel pain like most people. Though, in retrospect, not feeling the same intensity of pain may be a detriment. It's called a neurological disorder, but the only problem I see is in relating to other people. As the community grows, I can only see us succeeding in the world. Maybe through breeding within this population, we can see humanity truly diversify and become more than it is today. It's theorized that my people have been with humanity since our species began, becoming great philosophers or supremely talented musicians, as well as scientists. We can make the world a better place. Or, take it over.

6. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I think this is the part where someone should shout "Nevaaar!" and engage in an epic Matrix-like battle with you and your minions.

I'll call Hans Zimmer to do the music.

7. C64

C64 New Member

You object to being labeled defective? Fine, that's understandable. But being different (neurodivergent?) isn't the same as being superior. Just because some autistics have become great thinkers, artists, and scientists doesn't mean that all autistics are equally capable of being those things, nor does it mean that the majority of those notables were autistic. "Your people" are not in any danger of taking over the world.

8. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Gross, I don't want to rain on your parade, but that description applies to sociopaths and people with autism.

9. Grossenschwamm

I know to what my description applies. Don't you think those people are capable of greatness?
    And I know I'm not necessarily superior, I'm simply different. I like different. Doesn't that entitle me to a little humor regarding the collective brains? I know we're not going to take over the world, but saying it was funny to me.

10. RodneyDale

RodneyDale New Member

I love all this shit about "Humans are Violent and evil as a race!". "We are destined for destruction etc..." I'll bet that most of you have never even had a fight. It is wrong to describe a whole race. I know countless people that are good decent and hardworking. So enough of this psudo bollocks.

11. Grakelin

Grakelin New Member

Hard working people are always the worst to talk to.

12. Grossenschwamm

Not necessarily, though I can definitely say they're not the best.

13. C64

C64 New Member

Fair enough, Grossenschwamm. Different is good. I was just trying to get a feel for what you were going for there.

As for "humans are evil blah," we've managed plenty of violence, selfishness, and hatred as a species, but we've also managed to come up with some pretty sweet stuff like Michelangelo, chicken agrodolce, sex, Pachelbel's canon, sex, booze, sex, and motherfucking Lemmy Kilmister. This is probably the alcohol talking, but I'd say we're in for a reasonably okay future.

14. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    As opposed to what, exactly?

15. Grossenschwamm

16. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

17. Grossenschwamm

Well then I can add on to that by saying;
    Cows are good at goring and trampling urinating bus drivers.

Our Host!